Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any bad -- or good -- experiences with quikbook.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:53 PM
cfc
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondering if those who've used quikbook have had any problems -- notice they say you have to wait a few days to get confirmation, which could be a problem if you're only booking a couple of days ahead of time.

Ditto hotwire.com, hotels.com or any other such websites to book hotel rooms.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:25 PM

I've used them a half a dozen times without problems - no lost reservations or, worse yet, an e-mail a couple of days beforehand that the hotel is actually sold out (happened with Expedia recently).

I also like that many times these are reservations you can cancel without penalty - just check the rules before you pay.

Good luck.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:32 PM

I've used quikbook a number of times and I've found them to be flawless. The caveat that I would add, however, is that when these booking sites were new on the scene several years ago, the savings were often quite substantial. Today, the margins are thinner, rates are holding more firm in many destinations and really great deals aren't nearly as common on these third-party websites as they were in the past. As a minimum, be sure to check the hotel's own booking tool because in many cases, you may find the rate is the same and sometimes even lower. If there is no advantage on rate side, then it's better to deal directly with the hotel or chain.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:46 PM

I have used Quikbook and have not had any problems. After making a reservaton through them I wait awhile and then confirm with the hotel that they have the reservation.

In addition I have used placestostay.com and have not had a problem. I have also had to cancel a booking I made on PTS and eveything cancelled as promised.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:52 PM

Just used quikbook for the first time. I had some additional questions, so ended up talking with them on the phone to make the reservation.

Great service: the guy called the hotel while I waited to check on something for me.

Their cancellation policy is the same as the hotel's, no additional fee if you cancel within the hotel's time frame. I thought that was exceptional.

In my case, they had the room. I did not have to wait for confirmation from the hotel.

I would certainly use them again, although I'm not sure how much I saved (if any). The hotel's own website showed it had no rooms, but quikbook had one.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:00 PM

always check in with quickbook...however I was lucky to call a hotel in NYC for an upgrade consideration, to find they did not have my reservation. I will continue to use quickbook.com, but will always confirm with the hotel.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Absolutely ditto what Flyboy says. I've used quikbook at least dozen times in the last 4 years and never had a service glitch. The deals used to be better (esp. DC and Chicago) but so goes the internet. I don't use them as often these days but always check them as a data point when doing
hotel research.