Reload this Page >

Hotel suggestion for Memphis

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 08:26 AM
Mon

I will be in Memphis early December and would like to stay "close to the action", or whatever action there is in Memphis.

I would appreciate your suggestions. Thanks

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 08:51 AM
susan

The Peabody!! It's in the absolute center of the action...very near Beale Street and a famous hotel in its own right. Be sure and be there to see the ducks come down in the morning.

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 08:55 AM
S

There's also a Radison and Holiday Inn in the same area. Both are very nice as well.

Anything else is several miles out of the downtown area

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 02:14 PM
mrt

Downtown is where the action is- Memphis has had a great comeback of the area in the last few years. All the hotels mentioned so far are downtown. You might also want to check the Hampton Inn, which backs up to Beale Street. Or, if you like a B&B type setting, check the Talbot Heirs Guesthouse. Very quiet and private. The Sleep Inn is also downtown, a short walk from Beale. If you want a good overview of downtown, take the trolley ride that goes in a loop.
I'm a former Memphian, moved away 3 years ago, but enjoy going back often and seeing what's new in downtown and midtown. Hope you enjoy your stay, and have some bbq at the Rendezvous for me.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 06:01 PM
Dottie

The Peabody is central and if you can afford it, the best choice! We stayed at the Sleep Inn which as another writer stated, is within walking distance of Beale Street which is where the action is. The Trolley also runs right behind the Sleep Inn if I remember correctly. We were at the Peabody often to have a drink and see the ducks. If you have time and are a fan, you might want to see Elvis's mansion but for sure, visit Beale Street. Of course, we've only been there in the summer, I don't know what winter will be like. In the summer bands are in front of the bars and in the park. Have fun!