COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Any help on Hotel Monaco in New Orleans?

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 08:31 AM
peter

Any help on Hotel Monaco in New Orleans?

I reserved a room at the Hotel Monaco because it is new and the price was right. Has anyone stayed there yet or heard anything about this hotel. Its only for part of our stay, so hope its a great experience.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 09:50 PM
Modicum

No, but if it's anything like the Hotel Monaco in Chicago -- which, from the Monaco Hotels website, it ought to be, in approach, appearance, etc. -- you'll be staying in a stylish, sophisticated, unique place.

See the mini-chain's site at
http://www.kimptongroup.com/hotelmonaco.html

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Pete

Has anyone seen this hotel or stayed there that could give a first hand review??

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Meg

I live in N.O. and haven't stayed at the Monaco, but there was a recent post by another local who checked himself in for the week-end and loved it. We had lunch last week at Cobalt, Susan Spicer's newest restaurant that adjoins the hotel (and I believe serves the room service). The food and service were good. Spicker made her way around the dining room to check on customers, which is a great sign. We checked out the lobby of the hotel and thought it looked like a great place to stay. There was a big write up in the paper last Sunday about the Monaco's "Bone Appetite" package for travelers with dogs. The location isn't bad (maybe 4 blocks to the Quarter then another 5 to Jackson Square), and it's right on the street car line heading uptown. Hope this helps.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 03:20 PM
Pete

Thanks Meg! I'm always hesitant on booking a new hotel in the blind. Their web page looked nice, and I hoped it was not like the Royal St. Charles hotel which opened in the last six months, and has not received very good reviews. I know the location is OK, since we have stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental. If the restuarant is as good as Bayonna on Dauphine, I can't wait. Again thanks.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Meg

Cobalt is very different from Bayona - but great food is a given. Where Bayona is intimate, quaint and has a limited menu, Cobalt is trendy, hip and has a more casual menu with more offerings. We loved the entire feel of the place. Hope you have a great trip.