Reload this Page >

Hotel Rouge in Washington D.C.? Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 09:05 PM
christina

Has anyone been to the Hotel Rouge in DC? I'm looking for a fun, romantic place to stay with my husband for a weekend. We're young (26). We were also looking at the Jefferson, from recs on this board. Anyone been to the Rouge? It seems fun and different. We are also going to NYC on the same trip and staying at the Essex House, so Rouge might be a good change of pace.
What do you all think?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Teresa

My husband is a frequent traveler to DC and the Hotel Rouge has become the only place he will stay. (He is VERY fussy about his hotels) I'm not sure of all the reasons he likes it (I can't ask him now as it is 1:00 am ) but it sounds like a friendly boutique-type hotel.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 05:43 AM
ttt

to the top

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 05:48 AM
christina

Thanks,Teresa, for the info. How about the Topaz compared to the Rouge? Any other info? Sound like the Rouge(or Topaz) might be a good, different and fun hotel for us since we'll be doing a more "classic" type of hotel in NYC (Essex House).

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Teresa

I spoke to my husband after sending my 1:00am message and got a few more details out of him about the Hotel Rouge. He said the rooms are large, they have Aveda bath amenities , funky furnishings (modern black and red in his room) and a very accommadating staff.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 02:08 PM
x

so, your husband is fussy and likes Aveda products? Hmmmmm...

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Teresa

Yeah! He also has a neatly trimmed mustache and his name is Bruce, is this something I should be concerned about?