Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hotel recommendations in East Lansing, Michigan?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 08:05 AM
lisa

I need to attend a graduation in East Lansing, Michigan this spring and wondered if any Fodorites have recommendations for good hotels there, convenient to the Michigan State University campus. I am familiar with the area, as I am from Lansing originally, but have no experience with East Lansing hotels and haven't been back in a couple of years. So...any suggestions? We will only be staying for one night or two. Also, restaurant suggestions in Lansing, East Lansing, or Okemos?

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 08:23 AM
ilisa

Actually, right on campus is the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center. The Hotel is run by students of the school's hotel management program. I stayed there last February for a meeting at MSU and was very pleased. The rates were good, though my room was small. No big deal. And the service was excellent. The number is 517-355-5090 or 800-875-5090. Also, in East Lansing is the Radisson Hotel Lansing on North Grand Avenue, a block from the Capitol. The number is 517-482-0188. There is one restaurant that we really enjoyed that is in an old train station. I will let you know if I remember the name.

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 09:18 AM
Sandy

The restaurant you are thinking of is Claira's. We enjoy it also.

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 09:42 AM
lisa

Thanks Ilisa and Sandy for your quick responses! I remember Clara's well -- good to know it's still there -- I always loved their strawberry cheesecake.

Also, there used to be a wonderful restaurant in East Lansing called Beggar's Banquet -- does anyone know if it's still there?

And has anyone out there ever stayed at the East Lansing Marriott?

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 09:49 AM
ilisa

Clara's! Thank you!

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 11:43 AM
Beth

lisa - will you have a car? if so, try to english inn b&b nearby (i can't remember the name of the town, it's within 10 miles of campus). look on www.bedandbreakfast.com for more info. have fun! east lansing is a blast.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 01:35 PM
lisa

Beth: Are you referring to Dusty's English Inn or something like that? I think a friend's wedding rehearsal dinner was held there -- fabulous.

At any rate, thanks everyone but the aforementioned student is apparently 7 credits short of graduating in May so looks like I won't need this reservation yet anyway!