Hotel Options- Oahu and Maui

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 06:08 PM
Anna

Hotel Options- Oahu and Maui

Planning to visit Oahu and Maui some time this summer or early fall. Need Opinions on the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Oahu and the Westin Maui, Sheraton Maui, and Hyatt Regency in Maui. Thanks.

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 06:09 PM
Linda

Good choices..I just recently moved from Hawaii & I'd take any of those.

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 06:10 PM
Linda

Good choices..I'd stay in any of them, but on Maui I love Kapalua Ritz

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 06:57 PM
annemarie

When I first saw the Hilton Hawaiian from the outside I thought it looked liked a great property, however did not stay. I came home and recommended it to a relative, she went and was not impressed at all. She said the room was actually too small, not very clean and not up to Hilton standard. Try lookin into the Sheraton Moana Surfrider. I know someone who just came back in October and loved this property. The Sheraton Maui I did not see when we were there as it was under construction but I have read that many do not like the layout of this property?? The Westin and the Hyatt are both gorgeous properties but you must really watch as I have read room ratings that grade both low on some of the rooms-too small, not up to usual standard. There are 2 camps here, those that like Kanapaali and those that like Wailea. We like Wailea, further south and warmer, I find quieter and classier, less touristy. Look into the Kea Lani or the Four Seasons properties. Both of these 2 ranked higher in the January ratings (Conde Nast) for hotels in Hawaii. Annemarie

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 06:26 AM
Natalie

My family just returned from both islands. On Oahu we stayed in an oceanfront suite at the Outrigger Waikiki. It was perfect, with great service. Next time we visit Oahu I'd like to stay at The Kahala Mandarin Oriental just because of its location - close to most of the activities, but seperate enough from waikiki.
On Maui we stayed in Kaanapali. Next time we would opt for Kapalua - very quiet and elegant. Next would be Wailea; it is also elegant. Both areas have nice golf courses and beaches. Also, both areas have spots nearby which are known for their great snorkeling (when weather permits, of course).
Have a great trip!

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 09:17 AM
Chuck

Hi Anna, I have stayed at the hyatt on maui each of the last five years. In total I have stayed at over 50 different hyatts throughout the world and I can tell you with much certainty that the Hyatt maui is definetly one of Hyatts best hotels. No need to wory about rooms not being up to par. We have never experienced anything less than what you would expect from Hyatt. We also like the Kaanapali area because of its proximity to Lahaina which to us was the center for most activities on the island both night and day. Others like Wailea as it is quieter and some resorts are arguably more elegant. but if you are leaning towards the hyatt - Go for it you wont be dissapointed. We are headed back there for our sixth visit on May 28th-can't wait.

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 10:53 AM
Jenny

My fiance and I stayed at the Sheraton on Maui this past September and absolutely loved it. It had the best beachfront area (right next to Black Rock). I thought the Hyatt was too much. The Sheraton has an understated elegance to it. The staff was also great. The rooms were large with great views. I will definetely stay there again. Good luck!