Hotel needed - Mall of America

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for recommendations for a room for 3 adults, 2 children near MOA for one night before a Sunday evening flight. Would like to spend no more than 125.

I normally only need room for 2 adults and 2 children, so this extra person is throwing me off a little! But we love her and she is driving us to the airport!!
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 06:24 AM

Try the Embassy Suites. Real nice and large suite that will accomodate 3 nicely. Around 130 a nite but includes bkfst and evening cocktails

Aloha!
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 06:30 AM

We've stayed at two different hotels within walking distance of the MOA. One was a Country Inn and Suites, and the name of the other one escapes me. Maybe it was a Homewood Suites, but both hotels were nice enough and literally across the street from the mall.
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Hotwire or Priceline is the way to go. Every chain known to man is in that area within a mile or two. $125 should get you a very nice place.
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 02:07 PM

Residence Inn by Marriott has mutiple-room suites you may want to consider looking into. There's also a new waterpark across the street from MOA, but am unfamiliar with its costs. Otherwise, plenty of the typical hotel chains. If you have transportation, a few surrounding suburbs have such hotels and are going to be more affordable than right at the mall. Those cities include: Bloomington, Richfield (on the Hwy. 494 strip) and Eagan are all very close to the mall (within 5 miles or so) and may fit within your budget. Most hotels offer weekend packages you can also look into.
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 05:49 PM

I stayed about a dozen times at the Marriott just north of MOA (believe it's a Bloomington address). While most of their rooms are standard sized, you might ask for a room on the concierge floor---my last stay there was a one bedroom suite with a fold out sofa. They also have rollaway beds. Rates at the Marriott are usually around $100 at this property for the weekend. Don't know if the rate is good on a Sunday evening.