Reload this Page >

hotel near the cruise dock

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Cassie

Hi: We well be arriving Sept. 14 and leaving on a New England cruise the next day. We would like something not to far from the docks. Anyone know anything about the Travel Inn on 42nd? Or any other suggestions. Also what could we do in the are Friday night and Saturday morning. Thanks for any suggestions on hotel or sightseeing. Cassie

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 09:54 PM
elizabeth

the travel innn is fabulous. ask for the rooms on the north. Also love the Martine. You can get a suite for only $69 a night and it includes buffet breakfast. The rooms on the West have such a fabulous view of the harbor.

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Steph

What city are we in???

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Jane

In what city, NY? If so, most any midtown hotel will be a short cab ride from the cruise docks, $5-10 at the MOST.
As far as what to do Friday. Saturday--obviously depends on what you're looking for and how far you're willing to travel. Do you want to see a Broadway show, go to a museum for a couple hours, shop or window shop???

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 07:02 AM
jerry

Hi Cassie,
Is it a Norwegian Cruise Line ship?
I will take one on September 16th. maybe it is the same cruise. I booked in Midtown. A taxi cost around $6.00 with a tip. I will arrive on Saturday, it is a good idea to go to the theatre on Friday night and If it is your first time in NYC you can take a sightseeing. Anyway do not worry about this matter in NYC always there is something to do. Good luck!