Hotel in Niagara Falls, Canada

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Lori

Hotel in Niagara Falls, Canada

Has anyone ever stayed at the Best Western Fallsview in Niagara Falls? Is it clean? Is it within walking distance of the falls? Any recommendations for a clean, nice hotel at a reasonable rate?

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:28 PM
gc

Lori,

Two years ago we stayed at a Best Western near the falls on the Canadian side. Frankly, I don't remember if it was the Best Western Fallsview. I don't recall how many BW's are in the area...but the one we stayed at was neat clean, and very acceptable. How many BW are there?

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Lori

I believe there are 2 or 3 in the area. I think this is the closest one to the falls...probably the same one. Thanks for the input.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Gary

You can't walk easily to the falls from the Fallsview area. There's a cliff in the way. When we stayed at Fallsview there was an inclined tram ($$) that went to the falls or you can walk the long way.
You can't beat the view, we could see the falls from our room.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 09:08 AM
Sara

We stayed at the Fallsview Marriot last year, which I believe is about a block from the Best Western. We thought that it was a nice area to stay in - we weren't subjected to all of the tacky tourist traps in the Clifton Heights part of town, and it was easy to get to the falls via the incline, which wasn't all that expensive (I think maybe $1 each way? can't remember). We thought that the Marriot was a great hotel, but it was probably more expensive than the Best Western.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 09:11 AM
jen

Stayed here last november, and loved it. HIghly reccomend it.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:29 PM
Lori

What exactly is the long way around? Does that mean past the Minolta tower and down Clifton Hill?

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 05:10 PM
gab

Rather than staying in Niagara, you might want to consider Niagara-on-the-Lake. It's just a few miles from Niagara, and is really charming. There are lots of B&Bs, and also nice restaurants, a pretty park, and some cultural offerings. It's MUCH more attractive than Niagara itself, save the falls.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 07:23 PM
Gary

As I recall the only way to walk was down to the "Holiday Inn" and the tower (can't remember which tower it was) then go down the hill to the parkway. The incline isn't very expensive but we have a family so it adds up. Maybe a 15 minute hike to the falls. I agree with the other poster, the Fallsview area is not as tacky. Have fun !