Hotel in Lake Tahoe?? Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions from those who enjoy Lake Tahoe, where should we stay?? We're thinking of South Lake Tahoe area, we will be visiting in mid September, for an anniversary. We would like a very close lake view and a fireplace in the room. I guess you could say a romantic atmosphere with a lake view. If South is not good, don't hold back just shout it out! Other ideas of that beautiful area are welcome. Thanks so much.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 08:52 AM

Bumping this for you, but I think the reason noone has replied is that what you're seeking possibly doesn't exist. Use this link and zoom in...you'll see that there aren't that many places with a "close lake view".

http://www.maps.worldweb.com/SouthLakeTahoeMap.html
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 09:16 AM

I personally prefer North Lake to South Lake but then I do not crowds and "cities". South Lake is very busy and commercialized. The North Shore has retained a much more natural beautiful atmosphere to it. I would suggest the Hyatt in Incline Village. They have regular hotel rooms all the way up to lakeside cottages. It is very upscale and quite romantic. It is an easy drive from North to South for a day of shopping. GOod luck!
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 10:01 AM

>>

Seriously, what shopping is there in South Lake? If I wanted to do a day of shopping, I'd head to Truckee!
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info., we are east coasters and only visited briefly together once before. It's probably nicer that the hotels are not jammed on the shore, that way more people can enjoy the surroundings. We'll figure it out eventually. Thanks for the link! Also I'll look at the north shore, we appreciate the tips.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 10:39 AM

To clarify, the Hyatt is in the north shore. I didn't make that very clear in my last post. Sorry.
Enjoy your trip.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 11:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
>

I don't know anything about Truckee but Heavenly Village is a pleasant stroll and has a number of shops, galleries and restaurants.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 11:28 AM

OK, if you're in South Lake Tahoe, you can stroll and shop at Heavenly Village (is that the area around the Marriott Grand Residence?), but it's not destination shopping, I mean, you wouldn't drive there from North Lake Tahoe to go shopping!
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 08:07 AM

South Tahoe is worth an afternoon and does have shops, restaurants and some galleries. As I stated it is quite commercialized. I've been there many time's as myy daughter lived in North Tahoe for 5~ years. Truckee is another nice afternoon trip. I'd hit Squaw in the same day as Truckee.
Have fun!
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 09:25 AM

I would disagree about "no hotel offers beach views or is even on the beach" Tahoe Beach and Ski on the South Shore is right on the beach with it's own private beach. Not to mention Timber Cover is right there as well. Check it out at http://www.tahoebeachandski.com/resort.html
You also have the Zepher Cove Cabins!