Hotel help for honeymooners in Hawaii

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 04:37 PM
Eric

Hello everybody,

Being the groom I am researching where to stay in Hawaii. We have decided to spend 2 nights in Waikiki, 5 in Maui, 5 in Kauai. Now where to stay. I was thinking of the
Hilton Hawaiian Village, and the Hyatt's on Maui and Kauai. How about airfare. I might be able to use frequent flyer miles to get to Honolulu and back. How about interisland flights? Finally, what is cheaper, booking the entire trip through a travel agent, book the hotels through and agent and use my miles for airfare, and book everything myself? Thanks for your help. GO JETS

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 05:35 PM
Marisa

Eric-

My fiance and I will also be going to Hawaii for our honeymoon and we are staying on the same islands. We are staying at the Sheraton Waikiki, Sheraton Kauai and the Renaissance Wailea in Maui. We were going to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village but I found the reservation people to be very rude and unprofessional. Also, if you stay at Sheratons, you can get 35% off the rack rates if you become a Sheraton Club member (very easy to do). We haven't booked our interisland flights yet but I have heard that Hawaiian airline is better than Aloha but Aloha is cheaper. We are also getting to Hawaii via frequent flyer miles. We have decided to book the entire trip ourselves and have found it to be about $1000 cheaper than what we were quoted by several travel agents. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 05:35 PM
Marisa

Eric-

My fiance and I will also be going to Hawaii for our honeymoon and we are staying on the same islands. We are staying at the Sheraton Waikiki, Sheraton Kauai and the Renaissance Wailea in Maui. We were going to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village but I found the reservation people to be very rude and unprofessional. Also, if you stay at Sheratons, you can get 35% off the rack rates if you become a Sheraton Club member (very easy to do). We haven't booked our interisland flights yet but I have heard that Hawaiian airline is better than Aloha but Aloha is cheaper. We are also getting to Hawaii via frequent flyer miles. We have decided to book the entire trip ourselves and have found it to be about $1000 cheaper than what we were quoted by several travel agents. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Old Jan 13th, 1999, 09:02 AM
mary

Can anybody give me an idea of what a hotel will cost on Oahu in February? Anybody know of any nice condos and rates? What is lowend.......highend??
I know the Four Seasons is way out of my reach, but can I walk through and visit??!!

Old Jan 13th, 1999, 02:08 PM
Bruce Klein

As the groom, I did it myself too. My wife and I went on our honeymoon in September. We did 5 days on Kauai and 6 days on Maui. We stayed at the Hyatt in Kauai. It's pricey, but the service and hotel were great. On Maui, we stayed at the Maui Prince. Very nice, but not the Hyatt. I suggest you stay in the Wailea area, not Kaanapali. In Wailea the hotels are low-rises and not too close to each other. In Kaanapali the hotels are high-rises and seem too close to each other. However, I do not know much about the Hyatt in Maui or its surroundings. Just remember, wherever you stay, it's still Hawaii.
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Old Jan 13th, 1999, 11:08 PM
Jon

The Hyatt on Maui is my favorite hotel, after many trips to Maui and staying at many different hotels. My wife and I like the Kaanpali side much better than the Wailea side of Maui. There is a lot more to do and many more top restaurants and you are close to the fun town of Lahaina if you stay in the Kaanapali area. The Renaissance Wailea is getting old. The Prince is isolated and very far from everything else. The Hyatt is ideal.
LOTS more info about Maui hotels, restaurants, sights, activities, etc, is in the 30-page paper you can read or print from a link at this web site:
http://members.aol.com/Derm1/index.html

Jon

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 03:16 PM
Sam

Stay at the Hyatts on both Maui and Kauai. We have stayed at several differnt resorts on the island and found both of these wonderful in everyway. Kauai Hyatt is particularly spectacular. Try booking through Hyatt travel or through a travel agent and see who comes up with a better deal- in many cases they can bargin for room upgrades and for free breakfast buffet for four or more nights. Good luck.

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 06:00 PM
annalynn

My husband and I also booked everything ourselves and saved a ton of money over what the travel agents quoted us. We spent one night in honolulu so my husband could see Pearl harbor, then off to Kauai for five nights, maui for five nights, and Hawaii - volcano side only for two nights.

We used frequent flier miles to get there, and spent just under $5000 on everything else (interisland flights, food, convertibles on all islands). In Oahu, we stayed at the Waikiki Beachcomber - it was $100 for the night and a rental car. In Kauai, we stayed at the Hanalei Colony resort in a two bedroom suite right on the water. With the 5th night free deals you can find throughout the islands, you'ss save lots. I STRONGLY recommend you stay in the North-Princeville area - the rest of Kauai totally pales by comparison. In Maui, we stayed at the Ritz Carlton, where for $1000 we stayed five nights and got an amazing buffet breakfast every morning. On Hawaii, we stayed at a little bed and breakfast in Volcano, in the rain forest. It was a great way to wrap up the vacation. We skipped Kona.
By the way, our honeymoon was in August, so prices were off season.

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 06:05 PM
annalynn

My husband and I also booked everything ourselves and saved a ton of money over what the travel agents quoted us. We spent one night in honolulu so my husband could see Pearl harbor, then off to Kauai for five nights, maui for five nights, and Hawaii - volcano side only for two nights.

We used frequent flier miles to get there, and spent just under $5000 on everything else (interisland flights, food, convertibles on all islands). In Oahu, we stayed at the Waikiki Beachcomber - it was $100 for the night and a rental car. In Kauai, we stayed at the Hanalei Colony resort in a two bedroom suite right on the water. With the 5th night free deals you can find throughout the islands, you'ss save lots. I STRONGLY recommend you stay in the North-Princeville area - the rest of Kauai totally pales by comparison. In Maui, we stayed at the Ritz Carlton, where for $1000 we stayed five nights and got an amazing buffet breakfast every morning. On Hawaii, we stayed at a little bed and breakfast in Volcano, in the rain forest. It was a great way to wrap up the vacation. We skipped Kona.
By the way, our honeymoon was in August, so prices were off season.

Old Jan 15th, 1999, 01:22 PM
John

How's hawaii. Hope people can help you.

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 03:33 PM
Fred

NEed more help???