Search

Honolulu Bachelor Party

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honolulu Bachelor Party

Hello,
I'm responsible for planning a friend's bachelor party this September in Honolulu. I'm from Seattle so I am in a real crunch as to what to plan. Can anyone recommend any good cigar bars, dance clubs, strip clubs etc. that might be good for a group of guys? (We are a classy group of guys and don't NEED a strip club, but we'd like to have the option
Old Aug 24th, 2003, 09:49 PM

Now what kind of gal would I be if I directed you to a strip club Just because I'm worried you won't be safe, the ones I've heard of often are Club Rock Za and a purple looking one on Kuhio. Not that I think you should go inside! Don't go to a Korean bar where you can get into a situation where you owe $50 for a hostess drink! You might like to dance at Rumors in the Ala Moana Hotel. Or Zanzabar. I've been wanting to check out the Green Room at Indigo Lounge. I like to have drinks at Guacho Grill in Ward Center and there are dance spots nearby. You might like the All-stars or Dave & Buster's Sports bars.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 12:09 PM

Another vote for Zanzabar, if you are looking to go dancing. I am assuming you'll be staying in Waikiki, so that will be convenient. If you don't mind drving or taking a taxi out of Waikiki, try Ocean Club in Restaurant Row. It's particularly happening on Ladies Night, which is either Tues or Thurs (call first to find out). I hear a lot of people talking about Pipeline, which is also in the downtown/Kakaako area, but I have only been there once. Indigo's Green Room is just a bar area, and not a place for a bachelor party. Indigo also has a dance room called the Opium Den, but whenever I've gone there I was bored stiff and the DJs played wierd music.

Strip clubs: They are ALL pretty skanky! You can go along Kapiolani Boulevard near Rock Za, there are other clubs all along that corridor like Femme Nu and some other lessor known ones. I guess if you get desperate you can start at Rock Za and work your way Westward down Kapiolani till you hit the area near Ala Moana Center. Skip Venus--that's a "mixed gender club"--and there should be some more skanky strip clubs along Kona Street.

Sorry to say our good cigar bars have closed in recent years. There was one called Havana Cabana on Nuuanu, near Indigo, that would have been good.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 01:36 PM

You could start off at 'Mai Tais' bar in Ala Moana Shopping Center. Then kick into higher gear and go 'Pipeline' or 'Blue Tropics' or even 'Ocean'. Dance and get a little buzzed and then head (no pun intended) out to Rock Za or Club Femme Nu. No korean bars!!!! Oh....and remember to have a designated driver. Hhhhmmmm........can I come (NOT as the DD)?