Honolulu airport question

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honolulu airport question

I am flying into Honolulu with a little over 2 hours between the flight to Kauai between 3:10 and 5:30. Any suggestions of how to spend my time? Anywhere close to walk to? Thanks
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 11:59 AM

Well you can check to see if you can jump on an earlier flight. If not, you can while away your time at Stinger Ray's tropical Bar and Grill. They have killer drinks and the time just flies!!!

Review your Ultimate guide to Kauai to amke sure you didn't miss anything?
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 12:02 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There are nice locations within the airport where you can sit on a lawn courtyard. It's a typical airport in that it is surrounded by tarmac and traffic (so I'm not sure about walking somewhere outside). But the layout is mostly open air with nice flowers and plantings, spots to get food, shops, so not at all an unpleasant place to hang around a few hours.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 01:08 PM
iceeu2

Stinger Ray's for sure!

Sit at the bar (even if you don't drink alcohol), have a snack and a cold beverage. People are always coming and going and interesting to talk to.

Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:23 AM

We have a couple hours in Honolulu also from our flight from Hilo to Lihue. It is an early afternoon flight. Is there any chance we could delay our flight even more and go see Pearl Harbor? Is it too late in the day to do the tour? This will be our third time to Hawaii and we have yet to spend time in Oahu. I feel like I am missing out. We have nonstop flights to the BI from LA and then from Kauai back to LA so the only possibility is during our interisland flight. Any chances that this could work? Or should I save it for trip number four?
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:01 AM

It could work, but you would need a minimum of 4-5 hours to make sure you get on a tour. But I think you should save it for trip #4.

A couple of hours is not enough if you want to visit the Arizona Memorial.

The last tour starts at 3:00 pm and lasts until 4m. The tour takes about 1 hour including a film, boat ride to the Memorial, about 20 minutes on the Memorial and then back to the Visitor Center.

But you may have to be at the Visitors Center long before 3:00 to make sure you get tickets.

http://www.nps.gov/usar/pphtml/planyourvisit.html

Plan to stay on Oahu the next trip. It has a lot more to offer than any of the other islands.