Reload this Page >

honeymoons in the U.S?

Search

honeymoons in the U.S?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 01:23 PM
Julia

honeymoons in the U.S?

My fiance and I are trying to plan an affordable but romantic honeymoon somewhere in the U.S. Any suggestions of beautiful places to look into?

Old Jun 1st, 1998, 02:41 PM
Michelle

If you are on the East coast and can drive to Pennsylvania to save the airfare, you should look into the Poconos resorts. We went to Caesar's Cove Haven resort and loved it. They have fun newlywed game shows and everything is geared towards romance.

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 06:13 AM
Amie

We wanted to do the same thing. We were looking at Negril Jamacia, but it was way to expensive for just one week. So we decided to stay in the states and go for 10 days. We decided on 5 days in Key West and 4 days in Orlando. The Key West part cost up about $900 for the tickets (includes tickes from Madison Wisconsin-too Miami with rental car to drive to Key WEst- Key WEst to Orlando and back home) That total is for both our tickets. The Bed and Breakfast is $99 a night for a junior suite. Then the Orlando part with hotel and a Five Day Flex tickets for both of us is $1200,including a rental car in Orlando. So about $2500 for the trip and we are thinking about $1000 to $1500 for spending money. So we are spending about what it would be to go to the islands, but are getting a lot more and spending more time doing it. I hope you find something great and have a great trip! We are really looking forward to ours!

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 12:32 PM
J Stewart

Martha's Vineyard, MA.

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 01:26 PM
Kat

Great Honeymoon Locales in the US:

* New Orleans
* Sedona, Arizona
* Wilmington, Delaware -- and the nearby beautiful Brandywine Valley and River, Chadds Ford and gardens and manors
* Pacific Northwest (Portland and environs, Seattle and environs, Cascades, Puget Sound)
* Napa Valley Wine Country (California)
* Point Reyes Nat'l Seashore, California
* Big Sur, California

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 11:41 AM
Lori Whitmore

Without a doubt, consider Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC. We went to these on our honeymoon last year. Everything about it was special. If you want romance, the old south should be high on your list. If you want further info about this local, please feel free to e-mail me and I can give you details about places we stayed, what we did, where we ate, etc.

Old Jun 10th, 1998, 11:48 AM
Paige

Door County, WI has many bed and breakfasts which cater to honeymooners and you can even have a ceremony at some of them. Area clergy are accustomed to outdoor weddings.

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 01:46 PM
Meg

You don't say where you are, but my suggestion would be the San Francisco Bay area. You could stay in San Francisco for a a few days, then travel to Napa or to the Big Sur area. The bay area has a lot to offer, and I think it's really romantic.

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 03:28 PM
kam

I agree with all of the above and would like to add Santa Fe, NM, New Orleans, and the islands off the coast of Washington State with wonderful little B&Bs. One specific hotel in the town of Healdsburg in Sonoma Valley, CA, is the Madrona Manor--------so very romantic, an old restored Victorian with beautiful gardens, pool and great staff. As what the recommend for a honeymoon room. When we last spent our 30th anniversary there, they not only were the site of a wedding (they have 51 weddings booked for this summer), but they were also the site of a "Just Married" car parked in the lot by another couple! It's not inexpensive, but something you will long remember. I guess I should also add Hawaii although the plane fare gets very expensive from back East. Best wishes!!

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 06:36 PM
Andy

I would tend to agree with Lori's post about Charleston/Savannah. Wild Dunes Resort is on Isle of Palms, SC. It is a wonderful beach resort only about 20 minutes from Charleston. Wild Dunes has everything a nice beach resort needs without the hordes of people. Take a look at The Boardwalk Inn, That's where we stayed.

Old Apr 11th, 2004, 03:56 PM
RUW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The finest honeymoon trip was to the Madison Wisconsin area. We stayed at a Victorian country inn about 10 miles South near Belleville and New Glarus (America's Little Switzerland). It was on 120 acre estate and so peaceful we could hear the birds sing in the morning. The owners were most helpful in keeping us busy with things to do for a week. And, the breakfast were fantastic.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 04:27 PM

San Antonio, Texas is a very popular place for honeymoons. Many, many Texans go there and enjoy a honeymoon on the beautiful Riverwalk. It's also quite affordable! I wouldn't go between late June and Labor Day due to the oppressive heat, but the rest of the year, the weather is usually lovely.

New Orleans is also a wonderful honeymoon destination.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 05:37 PM

My assistant got married two years ago, Her fiance conned her into one of those Poconos honeymoon resorts. She said the entire experience was mortifying - not all all romantic - unless your idea of romance is a reality TV show. They left after the second night - and ended up having a very romatic homeymoon in Manhattan - doing all the touristy thing locals never do. Her only regret - because they booked rooms at the last minute they ended up paying premum prices.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 05:51 PM

You realize that this question is 6 years old, right?
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 09:22 AM

We went to Alaska. Not on a cruise though. We used airline miles to get the air tickets free, flew to Anchorage, rented a car and covered Anchorage - Denali- Fairbanks - Glennalen - Valdez - Seward and then back to Anchorage. It took us about 10 days in all, I think... and it was a lot of driving. We saw a lot of gorgeous sights on our way to these places. It really depends on your budget and interest. Alaska is unbelievably beautiful. It just captures your heart at one shot. We loved it.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM

Yep - this is an old thread, but it's still relevant because marriage seems to still be fashionable - LOL.

We went to New Orleans for our honeymoon and had a great time.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 12:33 PM

travleis

Julia has since written me. She and Clarence were divorced in 2001. September 11th.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 01:16 PM

I'm confused.... why was this thread brought up and who found it? I was surprised at first, too, when I clicked into here... Shane, if you're speaking the truth, that's too bad about your friend... did her husband die in 9/11? Or did they just happen to finalize their divorce on the same day? Just wondering...I couldn't tell if you were being serious or joking.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 03:26 PM

To The Top....
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 09:15 AM

I am absolutely serious. Julia is currently dating Rocco from The Restaurant, is a Dennis Kucinich delegate to the Democratic Convention in Boston, has been accepted as a contestant for Survivor 10 and has auditioned to play Dagney Taggert in a Fox mini-series called Atlas Shrugged. Pretty busy dame. As an aside, she has translated The Sun Also Rises and The Old Man and the Sea into Burmese with plans on translating My Antonia as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -