Search

Honeymoon tips for Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 1998, 01:36 PM
Tim Hulme

Honeymoon tips for Hawaii

Hello,
I'm getting married in September, 1999 and
I'd like to hear from anyone who has honeymooned in Hawaii recently. We'd like to stay in a condo possibly and are wondering which islands are best. Any help would be appreciated.

Old Sep 3rd, 1998, 10:37 AM
Russ Evans

First congrats on getting married. This is a difficult question to answer since I don't know what tastes you and your future wife have. Do you want seculsion, or is a fast and furious nightlife your style? Do you like spending or time at the ocean or would you rather spend your time sunning by the pool drinking tropical drinks. Now with all that said I have been to Maui, Oahu, Hawaii and Kauai. My personal favorite without question is Kauai. Not that the others aren't great they are, but Kauai is what my wife and I are looking for in a tropical island. I personally like the north shore of Kauai. It is the wet and tropical (ie lush). Also has numerous condo options (Princeville). There are great secluded beaches where you will be completely alone or at most a half a dozen people spread out across what you begin to call YOUR beach. Feel free to email me for more info.

Old Sep 9th, 1998, 07:56 AM
Jill

Congratulations!
My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Hawaii last November, and split our time between Kauai and Maui, with a one-day stop on Oahu. It really is about personal taste - we didn't care too much for Kauai, since we prefer more activites, and it's much more a "relax and enjoy nature" kind of place. Maui was much more our style - a little more built up, with more things to do, but still very beautiful. So keep in mind how you'd like to spend your honeymoon and then decide which islands to visit.

Old Sep 9th, 1998, 11:05 AM
jean

Congratulations, you will love Hawaii. My husband and I honeymooned in Maui in Oct. 97. We stayed at the Hyatt, which is beautiful. I don't know about the other islands, but we loved Maui. We spent a week in Hawaii and a week in California. Because we only had a week in Hawaii, our travel agent recommended Maui because if offers the most to do. Our favorite was the Road to Hana. I agree with earlier responses -- what island you should visit depends on what you're looking for. I'm sure all of the islands have a special beauty. Enjoy.

Old Sep 9th, 1998, 11:14 AM
Beth Laverty

Congratulations! I am getting married/honeymooning on Maui in February 1999! I have been to Oahu, Kauai, Hawaii and Maui and I chose Maui for my wedding because there is a perfect combination of serenity and activity. Oahu (ie Honolulu) is very big city and hectic. The Big Island of Hawaii is quiet with the unique volcanic landscape, but the Kona area of the island is very beautiful. Kauai is also very peaceful if you're not looking for nightlife. Maui just seems to have the right balance. Good luck!!

Old Sep 10th, 1998, 10:17 AM
Danna

Congrats! I was married on Sept. 2, 1996 & spent my honeymoon in Hawaii. Oahu is very commercial, alot of nightlife and a quicker pace (great to spend a couple days just to see the sights), Kauai is a little more primitive or rustic, slow pace, Fern Grotto & Waimea Canyon a must see (a couple days would be just enough), oh, and stay in Poipu...not Lihue, the beach is much prettier there. Now for Maui, lush, tropical, peaceful, romantic, laid back, beautiful beaches...I could go on forever. Watch the sun rise at the top of Haleakala Crater, get a picnic lunch and take the Road to Hana (wear your bathing suits so you can stop & swim in the waterfalls along the way)....spend as much time as you can there. We went there again since our honeymoon and we are going back in February! I'm not sure about the condo thing, I have always stayed in hotels; however, there are 2 condo locations I am aware of, Aston Ka'anapali Shores and Outrigger's Maui Eldorado resort, on Ka'anapali Beach. It's a great location and it's beautiful. Enjoy!