Reload this Page >

Honeymoon on the East coast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Deana

Hi! We are trying to plan our honeymoon on the east coast the 3rd week in October. We will be driving and we hope to visit NYC, Boston, Cape Cod and Niagara Falls. Any suggestions on where to stay, what to eat, what to do, etc.? Any other sites out that way that are worthwhile to see? Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Suzy

LOL, Deana, let me guess -- you're from out west?! Only a Westerner would consider Niagara Falls, NYC and Boston to all be "out that way"! Niagara Falls is at the western end of New York state, at least a 7-hour drive from NYC. I would recommend that you drop it from your itinerary unless you want to honeymoon in your car. NYC and Boston are 4 hours apart (unless you drive like a Bostonian).

As far as suggestions of what to do, where to eat, and where to stay -- please read through some of the posts on this board (do a keyword search for your states of interest) and then come back and ask some specific questions.

In the third week of October, peak fall foliage will probably be pretty far south -- into CT and the Cape.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:41 AM
bostondriver

4 hours? ...2.5, max

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 10:39 AM
holly

We don't know how long Deana has set aside for her honeymoon - she may have plenty of time to see Niagara Falls and the two cities. Let's not make that decision for her!
I agree with the suggestion to do a search. It's just to difficult for people to answer such a broad question. Do a little homework, Deana, then post specific questions - I'm sure you'll get better feedback!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Suzy

Holly, Deana said she'd be out East "the third week in October." Not third and fourth week, not mid-October. Sounds to me like she has a week.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 12:05 PM
holly

You might be right - Deana?

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Liz

No matter how long her trip, Niagara Falls is a looong, booooring, drive from NYC, especially in late October, I would think.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Jen

Heck, even if Niagara Falls was ONE hour away from NYC, why would anyone go there instead of spending another day in NYC?!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:29 PM
joesorce

The Chatham Inn on Cape Cod

The Inn by the Sea in Cape Elizabeth Maine

The Samoset Resort in Rockport, Maine

and bring a VHS camera to take some video, it is fall foliage season.