Honeymoon March 2006 in Southern Florida

Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon March 2006 in Southern Florida

I am looking for a warm spot in southern Florida (we are flying into Ft. Myers on March 2) for our week-long honeymoon. I was set on going to Key West, but I am having trouble choosing a hotel this late in the game (we were supposed to go to Riviera Maya in January...). We are from Chicago, so we would like to be somewhere warm, with lots of activity (watersports), beachey atmosphere (do not want to stay in the city), that also has a fun, young adult feeling. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 10:53 AM

ttt
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 12:34 PM

I'm a little confused by your post. You are flying into Ft. Myers but had hoped to go to Key West. Most people who are heading to KW go by way of Miami or Ft. Laud. And are you saying that you are unable to find a place to stay this "late", that hotels are all booked for March? Wow. I guess we've recovered nicely from all those hurricanes.

If you stay in Ft. Myers, you could take the boat ferry to KW for the day. Or for a few days. That's one option. Another option is to stay at Captiva, but there's not much to do there other than beach yourself and gaze romantically into each others eyes . And have sex on the beach =D> Or you can go to Miami, to South Beach. That is where young hip people go. If you're not so hip then you might feel right at home at beachy Captiva.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

We were planning on going by ferry, and yes, the hotels we would like to stay at are booked. Do remember that it spring break in March...I'm not surprised that they are filling up.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

What does ttt mean?
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 01:54 PM

"to the top". dsquared was hoping someone would have some ideas for you so he/she topped your post.

Have you tried Tween Waters Inn in Captiva? It is lovely. And so is Captiva. I believe their web site is Tweenwaters.com. Sanibel is terrific too. Do either of these interest you, NYsbride?

The Garden Hotel in KW is my favorite. Or is it the GardenS Hotel? Remember that you'll not have beaches in KW. But you can get your fill on the lovely beaches of Captiva.

I'm sure there's availability somewhere in KW. Wish I could be more helpful.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 03:05 PM
GoTravel

Have you tried the Banyon House or Marquesa in Key West? Both gorgeous properties and I think the Marquesa is probably the highest rated hotel in Key West.