Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Maui, Where do I stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2000, 01:46 PM
Jeremy

We are honeymooning in Maui during mid September. What part of the island has the best wheather and the calmest beaches? What hotels or condos do you suggest?

Old May 24th, 2000, 01:56 PM
Repetive

DO A SEARCH!!!!!!!! There are a million postings on Hawaii, especially Maui. Read those postings to get ideas. Also every single travel guide has info regarding weather each month. Enough already with the questions regarding weather! I do not think there are many meteorologists or prognosticators on this web site

Old May 24th, 2000, 04:46 PM
Marie

A couple of websites for you to go look at some different accomodations:
Sunfinder.com
Funjet.com
pleasantholidays.com
in each site go to Hawaii and hotels, the pleasantholidays site gives 360 views. This should give you a good idea of what is out there, then come back here and search by hotel name.
I've been all over the place researching and I still don't have a clue where we are going to stay.

Go into the websites of each hotel/condo in sunfinder and you can request brochures online, which come with their rates, you can also get rates through pleasantholidays online.

Good Luck....

Old May 24th, 2000, 05:32 PM
MrsOpinionated

Everyone on this forum agrees that by far the best place to stay on Maui for weather and luxury is the Four Seasons. (There. That should get you a couple more opinions). It books up far in advance, so if you're interested, call soon.

Old May 25th, 2000, 08:43 AM
JB

The Four Seasons, without a doubt.

Old May 26th, 2000, 11:37 AM
GrogArgh

I agree with the previous poster... the 4 seasons is a wonderful resort... the only issue is that ITS VERY EXPENSIVE... worth it from what I have heard.

I personally just got back this monday from my honeymoon and I stayed right up the street at the Renaissance Wailea... paid about $275 a night with car rental included as well as breakfast.

Really Really worth it... trust me. They have a website also... look for it on yahoo.

-GrogArgh

Old May 26th, 2000, 12:02 PM
Lani

Absolutely the Renaissance Wailea! It's wonderful, as is the Four Seasons, without totally breaking your bank. Sometimes, under the Marriott Rewards Program (free), or when you can use the Entertainment Card, the rates are amazing for what you get! You can't go wrong there! Have a wonderful honeymoon whereever you choose!

Aloha,

Lani

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 11:17 AM
Ally

Jeremy,
Some real jerks on these sites, eh?
I'm not a meteorologist either, but Kihei is the 'sunniest' side of the island. It's gets the least amount of rain than the whole rest of the island, but, I would not worry about rain anywhere you go. It should not rain all that much where ever you go.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 12:02 PM
Jason

Jeremy,
I just got back from Maui yesterday. I will post a review of everything later. We stayed at the Grand Wailea. All I can say is wow. The most beautiful hotel in Hawaii by far. Awesome gardens with waterfalls, fish, plants, and bridges, orchids everywhere. Lots of very unique resturant choices, the most amazing pools I have ever seen. River pool, slides, water elevator, lots of fun. There is also a huge and beautiful adult pool where the mist you with cold water and bring cold cloths. The people there could not have been nicer. The hotel is very large, but spread out with sweeping lawns and fountains all over the place. The rooms are great too. Very big with a great porch. Large bathroom with seperate glass shower and deep tub.

We also went next door to the 4seasons to check it out. We had a very hard time choosing before we went. Very dissapointed with the 4Seasons. It is a very small place. Everything is packed into the smallish center courtyard that all of the rooms face. Pool is very small and the chairs are packed around it. The lagoon poolis as small as a baby pool at home. You can lay by the pool and see people eating at all 3 resturants. The italian one is actually on the pool deck. This place was just nothing in comparison to the GW, and I have been to lots of 5* hotels. Not nearly as tropical.

Jason

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 02:15 PM
Jean

Jason: keep in mind that everyone's desires and ideals vary as to what makes up the ideal Hawaiian hotel. There is a strong trend for younger couples, especially those with kids, to gravitate toward the Grand Wailea, for all the reasons you outlined. People that tend to favor the FS are often a bit older, seeking peace and quiet, don't use the pools as a source of recreation, and value refinement rather than glitz. And that's not meant to imply that the GW isn't an outstanding property.....it is. But the goals of the two hotels are different. Which is why boards like this one are an excellent way for people to figure out what best suits their tastes.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 06:09 PM
Steve Muniak

The Grand Wailea is the most impressive property on the Island. Best pool, great beach, tremendous view.

But lots of kids.

Try the western Island resorts for romantic place, Kapalua of the Ritz looked wonderful, but also pretty dull.

We stayed at the Westin on Kaanapali right in the middle of the beach, with plenty to do. Better night life [still not rockin...], and a much hipper crowd on that part...

Do your homework and ask a lot of questions...

Steve

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 01:04 PM
Rachelle

After hours and hours of research, we booked our honeymoon at the Kea Lani in Maui. It looks so wonderful, so this is my suggestion to you. Hopefully anyone out there who has stayed at the Kea Lani aggrees.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 09:36 AM
aloha

We honeymooned at the Ritz in Kapalua last summer........the hotel & view & service is absolutely wonderful! Lahina is about 15 min drive. We definetly recommend it=)