Recommend country inn in R.I.?

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 06:49 AM
susan

Recommend country inn in R.I.?

Can anyone recommend a charming country inn in R.I. for a quiet weekend getaway in August? Just need pleasant surroundings in a quaint little town, no crowds. Thanks!

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 10:26 AM
elaine

susan,

we have pending reservations in Wakefield, RI at Brookside Manor. Comes highly recommended from friends who have stayed there.
website is:
www.brooksidemanor.net

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 10:33 AM
Emily

Hi Susan,
My favorite spot for a nice evening is the Shelter Harbor Inn in Westerly. Go to www.oso.com and in the travel section all the lodgings are displayed, many with pictures. Good luck!

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 06:05 PM
adrianne cady

I would suggest two inns in Bristol, where there won't be crowds and you'd still be only a half hour from Newport, ect. and Bristol's Colt Park by the water for great biking and picnicing. Near Bike Trail with bike rentals nearby. I am a former R.I.er, and love Bristol...lots of charm and good restaurants. Try Rockwell House Inn @ 401-253-0040 or William's Grant Inn @ 401-253-4222. Good luck.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 10:37 AM
susan

Elaine, Emily, and Adrienne -- Thanks for your suggestions! It was fun investigating all of the places you recommended. Brookside Manor looks gorgeous but is a bit pricey, and Shelter Harborn Inn has a 3-night minimum. So we're going to try the Rockwell House Inn in Bristol, which seems lovely. Adrienne, do you have a favorite restaurant we should check out?
Cheers, Susan