Honeymoon in Hawaii...Need help with hotels...Maui, Kauai or Ohau

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone. My fiance and I are getting married this October 2008, our honeymoon however won't be untill the first week of December. His parents have a timeshare and these are the hotels I'm considering:
Maui-
Ka'anapali Beach Club
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas

Kauai-
Marriott's Kauai Beach Club
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Ohau-
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club

Ok so we are in our late 20's, not "party people", we love the outdoors and hiking...maybe a horseback trip or zipline tour We're not sure where to stay. Any help would be great!!
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 07:47 PM

We have friends who have a timeshare at the Westin Kaanapali and love the place. We stayed at the Mahana last Dec not to for from it and it looked very, very nice: very, very crowded. If you walk a little bit down the beach a lot less people. It is in a great location. Have been to Kauai and Oahu, but would prefer here to either even though I love Oahu; I would pick Maui for my honeymoon. Do the horseback trip at Haleakala if you are experienced riders; they have several different all day trips.
Congratulations and have a happy life together.
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. That sounds great!
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 07:14 AM

dragonfly, you realize that you have two identical posts being answered? You don't need to do a duplicate - you can click on your name to bring the first one up, then click on it, reply "ttt" (to the top) to bring it back "to the head of the line" so more will see it.
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM

Of these, either the Kaanapali Beach Club or the Westin Kaanapali is a really great choice. With KBC, you get morning breakfast, afternoon happy hour, a delicious beach, wonderful snorkeling right there, and a good attitude. Its close to Whalers Village, and some of the snorkel catamarans pick up next door off the beach. The Westin Kaanapali Beach Villas are truly deluxe- my cousin owns one - wonderful grounds, restaurants, surroundings, and the lodgings are fabulous, The pools are terrific - there's an adult pool - you're on the beach, too...It might be more "special" and have fewer families around, unless you are there during the holiday period. The whale watching from either spot will be outrageous - really awesome- sometimes they breach right offshore. You're central to a lot - there is a new Kapalua Adventures company up the coast for Ziplines and such. If you're pretty active, I would suggest Maui over Kauai - there are so many things to do, and Kauai is wonderful but "sleepy." Be prepared for some rain and wind in December anywhere you go in the islands, too. Don't forget to see Haleakala, and visit the seven sacred pools or Iao Needle inthe state park, if its not too rainy - you have to be ready for flash floods to change your plans - even a little rain can have that effect.
Ko Olina is nice, - large and spread out - but far removed from anything - you'll have to drive to Waikiki, N Shore, etc, and the surroundings are a bit desolate. Its the poor section of the island, small town - one traffic light area.
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 02:55 PM
dmlove

Isthe Kaanapali Beach Club the same as the Kaanapali Beach Hotel? If it is, understand that the qualitative difference between, for ex., the Westin Villas and the Marriot Ocean Club on the one hand and the KBC on the other is LARGE. The former would be 4*+, the latter 3* at best. Nice, pleasant, but certainly not "fancy".

Old Apr 17th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Kaanapali Beach Club used to be the Embassy Suites. It is actually north of Kaanapali in Honokawai.

Of the places mentioned on Maui, I would choose the Marriott as it is the only one that is really on Kaanapali Beach.
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 06:33 PM
dmlove

Thanks iamq. Me, too, re the Marriott Ocean Club, plus I've toured the villas and they are gorgeous.

Old Apr 18th, 2008, 02:00 PM

Hi dragonfly,

We own a timeshare at Marriott Kauai Beach Club in Lihue, it is a bautiful property, but we always have to book a year in advance to get a week, I have heard Maui is ever harded to get into but the Ko Olina is supposed to be the easiest.

So you might take that into consideration as well.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 04:52 PM

I have not stayed at any of the places you mentioned but I do know that the Marriott Kauai Beach Club's facilites are very nice....the pool is big and the beach is calm and a great place to swim. There are good restaurants onsite and a few within walking distance.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM

speaking of marriott, there was a drowning at kalapaki yesterday. there has been high surf advisory this past couple weeks and flash flood warning this week. maybe he was near the jetty. sad.

http://www.kauaiworld.com/articles/2...ews/news02.txt