Search

Honeymoon in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2001, 09:53 AM
JILL

Honeymoon in Hawaii

We are planning to go on our honeymoon in Hawaii of October 2002. Where would you recommend on staying?

Old May 14th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Amber

We have been to Hawaii twice, Oahu, Maui, and Kauai. Kauai is by far our favorite place. We stayed at the Marriott and could not have been more pleased. If you want something relaxing and beautiful, go to Kauai!

Old May 14th, 2001, 11:29 AM
De Anna

I've been to the islands twice; Oahu and Kauaii when I was 19, and Maui and Oahu on my honeymoon 3 years ago. Personally, for a honeymoon, I'd recommend Maui, but what appeals to me may not appeal to you. So here's my take on the 3:

Oahu: We stayed at Waikiki beach, which is where most of the action is. There's much to do on this island -- boogie boarding, parasailing, etc and lots of night life. But the atmosphere isn't relaxing. Waikiki beach is generally crowded, the traffic is constant, and there are lots of high rise hotels. Think Fort Lauderdale FL. It's great for some, not for others. Personally, I won't go back.

Kauaii is green and lush. When I was there, it rained a lot, with overcast skies when it wasn't raining. But the scenery is beautiful (green) because of all the rain.

Maui is laid back and much less crowded than Oahu. The scenery is beautiful, people friendly, and weather consistent. We stayed at the Hyatt on Kaanapali beach. It was wonderful. If you're looking for tons of action, this may not be the place for you. For us on our honeymoon, it was just right.

If you want more info, feel free to email me (restaurants, things to do, etc)

Old May 14th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Sandi

If you really want to get away from it all, I would recommend the Molokai Ranch in Molokai.

Old May 14th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Maui Dreaminn

Aloha,

Maui (the Valley Isle) is by far the most wonderful island. There is a new hotel that has rooms for only $49.00 per night and an authentic `Awa Bar or Kava Bar.

Go see thier website at www.MauiDreamInn.com

Mahalo and congradultaions

Old May 14th, 2001, 07:20 PM
OneWhoKnows

Please, DO NOT stay at the Maui Dreaminn. I've heard they may be up on fraud and racketeering charges for swindling readers of travel forums like this one. Run by the same folks who run phone-the-elderly-scams promising high investment returns if they'll sign over their social security checks?
Sleep on the beach before you stay there!