Reload this Page >

honeymoon in florida 2002

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 10:06 AM
melissa

Hi, We want to honeymoon in Florida, however a little confused about which is better. Sanibel Island, Captiva Island or Marco Island.... any suggestions..? Thanks, Melissa

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 01:25 PM
XXX

I visit Sanibel/Captiva every year. It's beautiful and laid back - I think it would be a great place to honeymoon Southseas Plantation is a wonderful resort on Captiva; however, there are a lot of small condos and bungalo's all over. I've never been to Marco; I understand it has wonderful beaches, but is very touristy in the sense that it has a lot of chain restaurants and stores mixed in with the condos. Sanibel/Captiva doesn't have billboards and is remains in a very natural state. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Barbara

Melissa,
What month are you honeymooning in? It can make a difference for water temperature and clarity in FLorida.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Celeste

South Seas Plantation on Captiva has been re-named to the South Seas Inn, or something very simply like that.

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 08:40 AM
Nicole

If you want romance and tranquility, I would vote for Sanibel. Especially if you can get a beachfront condo. Captiva has a few good restaurants and is only a short drive over from Samibel. Sanibel also is home to the Ding Darling Reserve which is a great way to spend some time not on the beach. Marco is fun but a bit more touristy. If you and your husband want to rollerblade or bike, Marco is a better "active" choice. Tigertail Beach on Marco is a bit more tranquil and pretty than the public beach access right in the center of things. Either way, both are great.