Homewood suites in Chicago

Jun 7th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Carol

Homewood suites in Chicago

Has anybody stayed in Homewood suites in downtown Chicago? I have booked there for next month to go to a medical meeting. Safe area? Nice hotel?
Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
Thanks in advance for any response

Jun 7th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Ann

I stayed there for a convention a few years ago. Excellent place! Great, comfortable suites with full kitchens. Breakfast included was also excellent. The staff was welcoming and friendly. Great service. The area is totally safe, but in order to walk to Michigan Ave. I discovered it was necessary to walk through the lobby of the Mariott Hotel as Grand Ave. passes under Michigan and you don't want to be there or walk up the stairs. It's also across the street from the new Neime and Marcus (or Nordstroms, can remember which) and you might be able to walk through that, too. It wasn't open when I was there. The lobby on the ground level is small (just the bellmen and a sofa, and the elevator as the real lobby is on a much higher floor) but the staff there is also very nice and will probably learn who you are after your first day. It gives the place a very understated feel which I liked. You've made a great choice. I hope you enjoy it.

Jun 7th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Carol

Ann:Thanks a lot for your response.
As a single female going 1st time to Chicago, I was a little worried.
I will keep my reservation.
Best regards

Jun 8th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Laurie

Carol, I work across the street from the Homewood Suites at the AMA. It is a very safe area. The new shopping complex across from there is Nordstroms. If you want to go to Michigan Avenue, Ann is correct that you need to pass through the Marriott or Nordstroms but you can also just go to Ohio (1st street North of Grand). There are alot of excellent restaurants in the area. Let me know if you want more information.

Jun 8th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Carol

Laurie: Thanks a lot also for your response. I will go there and hope to try those nice restaurants. Best regards