Holoku Ball - Kauai June 2008

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our Halau Hula O Kauiokamakakeahiopuna will host a Holoku Ball taking place on Kauai in June 2008. This event will be announced statewide. This will give visitors (you) an opportunity to participate in this formal social event, Hawaiian-style. This is not a luau, sorry, but there will be dinner, live music and entertainment. So mark your calendars and I hope to see you there. I’ll keep you posted with updates.

Dani
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 11:30 PM

Do you need to wear a holoku? Believe it or not, I attended one here in Honolulu and got to borrow a holoku from the Goodwin collection.

Old Sep 4th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Original Poster

aloha mel, yes, wear your holoku gown. for those that can't get one, i'm encouraging a really nice muumuu, or something elegant in hawaiian print. did most of your guests on oahu wear holoku? if not what did they wear? this is actually my first formal event, and kumu's 20th. I was the one that asked if this was a luau, she set me straight right away. I have no idea what to expect, i'm sure you know more than me. but i'm so excited about it and can't wait. i hope you can make it
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 09:16 AM

The one I went to was for the Hawaiian Civic Club--all the ladies had holoku and they did a little "Holoku Parade" in the ballroom.

Is this an annual event? Listed on gohawaii.com? I am asking because I just put a calendar together and 2008 did not have too many listings.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

mel, i just found out about from halau mtg yesterday. How would i list this in gohawaii? The date is June 14, 2008 in either Sheraton or Hilton. Most likely Sheraton for location (central for westsiders too).