holiday inn san deigo

Search

holiday inn san deigo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holiday inn san deigo

HI folks, has anyone stayed in the Holiday Inn san diego-on-the bay before?. We are two couples from the South of England staying there for three nights in August. This is our firt visit to San diego and we are looking forward to visiting the attractions there.Also has anyone eaten at Georges on the cove & Fisherman wharf?
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:18 PM

In La Jolla, there are two great restaurants, one is "georges" the other is "top of the cove", since you listed georges at the cove, either the name is mixed up or there is a new restaurant in town that I am unfamiliar with. The two restaurants mentioned are great with delicious food. As far as hotel, the location is right on the bay so you can get to downtown very easily, as far as rooms it is like other holiday inns (not luxury, but pretty basic). Still rooms ith a view overlook the bay. Restaurants to eat at are about 4-6 blocks away, hotel is next to county government building. hope this helps.
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 06:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Isn't George's official name 'George's at the Cove"?

yorkies, George's by any name is fantastic! At this time of year, I particularly like their terrace, which happens to be a lot less expensive than the main restaurant downstairs. You can also eat in the bar. Everything they serve (with excellent service) is wonderful, but if you eat on the terrace try the soup. You can't go wrong here, but you can spend a lot of money.

Now I am confused about Fisherman's Wharf. As far as I know - and I have been wrong! - that's in San Francisco.
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 01:23 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks Itsy and Barbara.Ref Resturant Fishermans Wharf, Sorry should have been the Fish market? And think the resturant "Georges" is the one we had in mind from previous postings.Many thanks for your comments on holiday inn sounds in good postion. Looking forward to coming to San Deigo.
Thanks very much.

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 08:09 AM
ltt

this hotel is in a good location and both restaurants are excellant. when i tried to book this hotel once before they would not gaurantee a bay side view. hope you get this as looking the other way would not be very nice.
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

ltt. Many thanks for info on hotel. Have contacted them for a bay side view and for a small fee they have agreed to upgrade it.
Many thanks for the tip.