Search

Hoboken B&Bs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Amber

Hoboken B&Bs

Hi all

any suggestions on B&Bs or nice cheap hotels? will be going to hoboken in a few weeks (to visit the city)

thanks

Amber

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 12:03 PM
tryThese

http://www.hobokeni.com/hotels.asp

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 09:12 PM
thereuare

There are no B&B's in Hoboken (nor hotels, but they're beginning to build a hotel on the river soon). There was actually an article in the local newpaper in the last 2 weeks about a local restauranteur that wants to turn his brownstone into a B&B, but the local residents don't want it and are fighting against it (so far the residents are winning).

The closest hotels to Hoboken are:
Sheraton Suites in Weekhawken
Doulbe Tree Club Suites in Jersey City
Marriott Courtyard in Jersey City

There is also a brand new Hyatt being built on the river, i THINK it's due to open in July, but you can check the Hyatt website as i know info is posted there (it looks BEAUTIFUL from the outside).

Feel free to post any add'l questions you have about Hoboken or the surrounding area and i'll do my best to answer them.

If you're on a tight budget, you may also stay outside of Hoboken and NYC by bidding for a hotel thru Priceline in the Secaucus/East Rutherford area (check out www.biddingfortravel.com for details), but many 3 and 4 star hotels come up for <$50/nite and most have bus transportation at the door into the NY Port Authority. (although the hotels mentioned above would be more convenient to get into NYC). You may be able to Priceline the hotels in Jersey City too, but i haven't seen any prior winning bids for Jersey City at the above website.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Amber

thank you, thereuare.

do you know when in July the hotel will open?

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 05:37 AM
thereuare

If you go to their website www.hyatt.com you can see a picture (ok, it's a drawing) of the hotel, as well as find out more info (i can only assume that the restaurants and other facilities will be ready when the hotel opens, but you may want to confirm that with the hotel).

I called them and they said they'll be opening on July 2.