Historic Charleston hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm paying my own way to go to a conference which is being held at the Doubletree on Church St. Although the conference rate is $169, which I imagine is good for the area, it is more than I can spend. I am a single woman traveling alone. So I want a place close by (I will have a vehicle) and safe for a single woman. Any suggestions? For example, I saw the Comfort Inn Riverview which is at $80.95/night. But I've never been to Charleston and I don't know the area. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 04:20 PM

When will you be here? I would pass on the Comfort Inn...while near downtown, it is not in walking distance. The $169 is a good rate for Doubletree but if that is out of your range, you may want to consider: The Andrew Pinckney Inn (www.andrewpinckneyinn.com) or Elliott House Inn (www.elliotthouseinn.com) both are very near the Doubletree and excellent choices. Neither have complimentary parking so make sure you check on prices. I know for Elliott House there is a city garage across the street and it is $12 a night.

Old Nov 5th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

It will be this coming week. Thanks for the tips. I will check their websites.
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 05:23 PM

Good timing then as you'll be here in the "off" season for their rates which should make it more affordable for you. Both inns have unique charm and you'll get a truer Charleston experience than a standard hotel.

Not sure where you're coming from but the weather will be a little warm for Fall..they're calling for the upper 70's and no rain (always a good thing!).

Enjoy your visit and I hope you have time to explore the city in between conference events!
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 09:27 PM

nawlaw-

We Love the Elliott House=have stayed there for years...the parking grage is literally right across the street and you can find a space on the ground level to park the car ( so it's an easy park)

Enjoy Charleston- it is one of our favorite cities!