Hilton Santa Fe & Taos Inn

Oct 31st, 2005, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Hilton Santa Fe & Taos Inn

Hi everyone. I just read in somewhere here that the Hilton Santa Fe isn't that nice. We'll be staying there for this Thanksgiving for 2 nights. Has anyone stayed there and if so, what did you think?

Same goes, we'll be also in Taos for 2 nights after Santa Fe and have booked at Taos Inn. Any comments? Suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.
Oct 31st, 2005, 07:40 PM

We were at the SF Hilton maybe 4 years ago and it was nice. Our room had a white plaster corner fireplace. The lobby area was well done with a huge welcoming fireplace. The food was good onsite too. I can't think of anything I would improve about the experience.
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

BTW, we ended up stauying at the El Dorado. It's not all it's cracked up to be. SF Hilton looked nicer...
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:33 PM

Maria,
Can you give more details on
the SF Hilton?
We're HHonors members and thinking
of a quick spring break trip there.
Thanks in advance.
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

Well, I didn't get to see the rooms but The SF Hilton is right around the corder from El Dorado. The thing, I guess, why I said it looks nicer because of the location, the appearance (from the outside) is also an adobe structure like El Dorado and the rooms of El Dorado are nothing special. From the websire, El Dorado rooms look really nice but I usually stay are nice hotels so I expected the rooms to be the same. They weren't bad rooms, but they were not all that special. I imagine SF Hilton would be the same or better (since they did a fairly recent upgrade). SF Hilton had free parking vs the $16/night parking at El Dorado too for the same price rooms (at the time of booking).

I'm also a hilton honors member and so I missed out on those points too....

SF Hilton is a great location. If you go, I'm sure you won't regret it.
Mar 29th, 2006, 08:13 AM

We stayed at the Hilton in October of last year... got a steal of a deal online. The rooms were nice, modern, and well furnished. Our only gripe was the first night we got stuck in a room with two doubles with a view of the dumpsters. We sleep on a queen at home so the first night was tight. Also, there was a screaming baby next door that cried the entire night. Because of that we asked to switch rooms (you must understand, that is something we NEVER do), and they were wonderful. Very accomodating and we ended up in a king room with a pool view. The pool was lovely as was the hot tub. The location was wonderful, within walking distance to everything. I would stay there again on future visits!