Reload this Page >

Hilton Head/Where to fly into??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Ty

After doing much research online, am I correct that most people fly into Savannah and then drive to Hilton Head? I know there is a small airport in HH, but it seems it is limited in airline choices and is more pricey. Also, is it recommended that you rent a car in Savannah and drive to HH, or is there some sort of shuttle that takes you there?? if so, is there one that runs every hour or what? lastly, would you suggest a rental car for HH? i am staying at Marriott Beach and Golf Resort which is right in the middle at Palmetto Dunes.
Thanks for your help

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Debbie

You're right about flying into Savannah and driving to Hilton Head. I've made the trip 2 times and I'm not aware of any shuttle service. It's an easy drive that takes less than a hour. You might want to spend a day or night in Savannah. It's a very interesting city. Are you familiary with the book and/or movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:54 PM
sn

I have to tell you that I think it's well worth the money to fly into HH--so nice to walk off the plane and just be there as opposed to having a 1 hour drive. USAir flies a nice Dash-8 and we doung the price was just about the same from the northeast.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:59 PM
deb

I prefer to fly into Hilton Head, too. We have done both. It's not a bad drive from Savannah but I'd rather just be there.

The last time we went (June) we got bumped from our flight into HH and got routed to Savannah, and the airline put us on a shuttle bus that took us to the airport in HH, so I know there is one.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Danna

You'll definately need a car unless you plan to eat all your meals in the hotels in the plantation, which I wouldn't recommend.