Hilton Garden - French Quarter

Dec 30th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Hilton Garden - French Quarter

Hi .. we are going to be in NOLA March 17 to 24th and have booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn - French Quarter (off Gravier Street). We do have a car rented for a couple of days so we can do some exploring on our own but do plan to either bus it or walk it ...

With it being a new hotel, I haven't found too many reviews on it and not sure if anybody has some experience/suggestions on this hotel. We did get the room for $79US per night and know that is a great price - providing we are not disapointed.

Also, to keep costs down we'd like to find a grocery store close by so we can make the odd lunch/snack - is there anything close by for shopping ?

thanks in advance for your help and happy new year !!
Dec 30th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Dan

Do you know if this hotel is new, Joanne? For the life of me, I can't place a Hilton on Gravier. Maybe it's not open yet?
Dec 30th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

This hotel opened up October of 2004 .. if memory serves me correct the address is 821 Gravier ..
Dec 30th, 2004, 01:31 PM

On Tripadvisor.com two people reviewed it. It sounds like a decent place to stay, especially for the price. I'm sure it will be just fine.
Dec 30th, 2004, 06:08 PM

This hotel seems fine, I went by it in Dec. But strongly consider only renting your car for when you plan on going OUT of the French Quarter. I "day" rent from Dollar on Loyola for about $20/day. You can easily do a "plantation" circuit in a day. Strongly consider the Evergreen tour- now available for walk ups.

Search this Thread