Hilton - Downtown Atlanta

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:11 PM
jean

Hilton - Downtown Atlanta

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? We are only in town for one evening and want to stay downtown. Would you recommend it? The Marriott is another consideration.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 06:25 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Howard

I've stayed at both and they are decent properties. I'd go with the one that'll give you the best rate!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 10:49 AM
todd

I'm sure that either one of those hotels would be fine. I've never actually stayed at either one, seeing as how I live here in Atlanta. But unless you have a specific reason for staying downtown (work, etc...), might I suggest staying in Midtown instead? Just a couple miles up Peachtree ST (the MAIN Peachtree st.), and there are a lot more restaurants, easier walking, etc....several nice hotels there too (Wyndham, Four Seasons).

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Mary

I don't know why so many Atlantans try to encourage visitors to stay in Midtown or Buckhead instead of Downtown. Downtown is great, the hotels are beautiful, the architecture and dining possibilites world class. Stay at the Hyatt, Mariott, Hilton or Embassy Suites at Centennial Olympic Park.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 01:03 AM
kyj

Hooker central. and body bag central.
Some guy is on trial today for killing three tourist execution style in their room. Have a nice day.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 04:29 AM
xxx

jean, both the Hilton and Marriott are nice hotels downtown. However, I think the nicest is the Ritz Carlton. It is extremely luxurious. For what you would spend at the other two you would get a nicer room at the Ritz. I would definetly stay downtown. I worked in Buckhead for about 3 months and I hated it. The area is over priced and it looks very rundown. The Ritz Carlton Downtown is convient and right next door to the train station. Across the street is the Westin Hotel and it houses the Sun Dial restaurant. If you have never heard of it this is a revolving restaurant. While it is turning you see different views of downtown Atlanta. This experience is priceless. The entrees are absolutely wonderful! Have Fun!

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:00 AM
xxx

I like staying downtown Atlanta and prefer it to Buckhead and Midtown. The Hilton is fine and you will be happy there.