Hildene VT - Christmas Open House

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 04:03 AM
Katie

Hildene VT - Christmas Open House

Hildene Vermont
Has anyone previously visited Hildene during its post christmas open house tours. (27, 28, 29th dec)
I have been told that reservations are not needed is this true?, and what is the best time/date to visit?
We are visiting New England from the UK (From day after Christmas to 5th jan 2002)and are looking for a traditional 'New England Christmas event'are we on the right track? Is it worth visiting?
Reviews/views from anyone who has been would be appreciated.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 04:39 AM
bm

Hi-
Just e-mailed a friend who is a volunteer at Hildene and she said that you do not need reservations. I believe they are open at night for candlelight tours also. Check out their website: www.hildene.org
It's a beautiful place and you should definatley plan on going!

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 12:47 PM
Melli

I have been to Hildene in Summer and Autumn. The scenery is breath-taking and area beautiful. Make sure your itinerary is flexible because the weather can be unpredictable. Enjoy!

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 04:32 AM
Whowhat where

Sorry to sound dumb but what/where is Hildene? We have visited new England twice and have never heard of it.

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 05:13 AM
bm

It is the former summer home of Robert Todd Lincoln, located in Manchester, VT. You can now tour the home which houses many Lincoln family belongings. There is a also a beautiful garden. Hildene also sponsors many events through the year including an arts & crafts show and an Antique car show, and do candelight tours at Christmastime. You may also X-Country ski there in the winter. Hope this helps!

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 12:15 AM
topper

Topping for person looking for new England Christmas events