Reload this Page >

Highlands Inn in Carmel CA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 06:48 AM
kevin

What type of hotel is this? Upscale, casual or what? The AAA book does not rate this property saying that it is under renovation (which was to be completed May 2002). Anybody here that has stayed since the renovation. Also, is this a good location or would staying in town be better?

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 07:48 AM
Mona

Try a text search using Highlands -- similar trheads will come up which may answer your question.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 08:16 AM
kevin

Mona, I had already done a search and did not see anything about the renovations. Also, I know that it is a Park Hyatt. I have stayed at Hyatts, but not a Park Hyatt. So is this an upscale branch of Hyatt?

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 09:42 AM
OO

Kevin, Yes, Park Hyatts are upscale. Also smaller.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:31 AM
Susan

Kevin: I would recommend exploring other options. We were there in July 2002 and we were not impressed with the property at all. Very high prices and they lack the luxury we expected. We could only surmise that they get the high rates because of the location--right on the ocean. We had just spent two nights at the Inn at Spanish Bay which was total luxury and came to the Highlands expecting much of the same because the prices were the same. That was not the case. Hope this helps. Good luck. The entire area is beautiful!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:05 PM
John

I completely agree with Susan. I have stayed at many luxury hotels around the country and The Highlands Inn is a step below, especially in room quality. Paying that much one would expect spotless rooms, but they were in serious need of renovation. Beautiful location though so that was great

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Maureen

I second (or third) that! We were truly disappointed when we were rudly awakened by a *loud* vaccuum cleaner at 9:00 on a Sunday morning, right above our bed.

Not a luxury hotel, but nice views, and interesting gardens.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Shannon

Right next to it is the Tickle Pink Inn (terrible name!) but it has beautiful rooms, a beautiful view, and prices to match.