Reload this Page >

Hermosa Inn or Sanctuary Camelback

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Brandy

Deciding on Hermosa Inn or Sanctuary Camelback for a March vacation.

Has anyone stayed at either or have suggestions?

Looking for a casita or villa with outdoor deck or patio that has privacy.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 08:08 PM
blevy

We live in Phoenix and have eaten at the Hermosa Inn and have gone their for drinks. The food is wonderful. People drive from all over Phoenix to eat at Lon's. It is situated in a primarily residential desert area with great views. It is lovely, quiet and private. The Sanctuary is new and have heard good things about it. It was called John Gardiner's Tennis Ranch and is located on the north side of Camelback Mountain. It too, is beautiful, private, and located in a primarily residential area. March would be a great time, beautiful weather, hiking is good!!

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Brandy

blevy,

Living there any seeing both locations, which would YOU choose to stay in if given the option and why?

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 04:15 PM
Karen

Both are located within residential areas, no commercial at all surrounding. Both have good restaurants and are picturesque. I would choose Hermosa Inn, older, been around a very long time, but totally updated and very beautiful, not the usual huge resort or hotel. Sanctuary is still so knee deep with construction on the north side of the property, it is hard to tell how terrific is will be by March.......at this point, I would definitely go with Hermosa Inn....can't go wrong.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 09:28 PM
Beth

I'm very nervous after reading the last message. I'm booked at the Sanctuary the 2nd week in September. The staff said the construction was almost finished. They said we wouldn't see or hear any of the construction. Are they being less than honest with us?

Thank you.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Karen

In the next day or so, I will try to go out and take a look at Sanctuary and get back to you.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 06:36 PM
Beth

Karen,

Thank you for going to check out the Sanctuary for me. They told us we wouldn't see or hear construction from the pool either. That is so sweet of you to do that for us.

Beth

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Mary

Hi Brandy, I don't know anything about the Sanctuary, but we have stayed at the Hermosa Inn and its wonderful. The rooms are like litlle homes with a patio and kitchenettes. The landscaping is beautiful, the pool is very nice and the whole place is small. The resturant is great and they deliver any of the meals to your cottage. I can't think of one negative.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 08:06 PM
Karen

Brandy..........We went out to drive by Sanctuary today. There is definitely construction in progress on the north side of the property. No doubt it will be completed by March and you are in good hands with either Hermosa or Sanctuary. Beth...........while the construction is in full swing, I honestly do not think you will have a view of it from your casita or restaurant/bar. You will have spectacular views of Paradise Valley, beautiful residential area, with loads of very large, beautiful homes.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 09:01 AM
Beth

Brandy,

Thank you again for checking out the Sanctuary for us. Do you think there would be alot of construction noise while we are at the pool? If you were us would you stay there or at the Hyatt in Scottsdale.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 09:35 AM
Brandy

Thanks everyone for providing "on the spot" knowledge of the two resorts.

Originally, I thought of waiting until the Conde Naste Gold List comes out in January to make a final decision. After reading your different postings; I would say I am leaning more to Hermosa Inn.

Mary's description of Hermosa Inn being small and quaint vs. Beth's eye view of "very large residential homes" is what is making Hermosa sound like my choice. Also, I spoke to Sanctuary and they said their restaurant "should"
be opened by March.

Sounds like it would be better to just investigate it while I am there for a possible future trip.
Thank you!

Thanks girls!