help-beach accommodation amelia island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 10:29 AM
steve

Hello
We are planning to stay at the beach, preferably amelia island, in October.
Is there any good beach accommodation there? We would prefer self catering but do not mind hotel/motel. Really really grateful for any information.
Steve

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:22 AM
RB

My husband and I have enjoyed staying at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, a small inn located on the beach at Amelia Island. Think we stayed in the honeymoon suite, which was on the top floor, and included a deep soaking tub. Check out the web site at www.elizabethpointelodge.com

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:25 PM
steve

Thankyou for your reply. I wonder if they have apartments for self catering? Also found a good website, and we quite fancy blue water beach resort or coconuts or seaside motel; does anyone know of them?
Thank you for your help.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 06:03 AM
Lori

Hi! I recently visited Amelia Island and loved where we stayed - Amelia Island Plantation. You can check out their web site at www.aipfl.com. Lots of amenities and we enjoyed the all-inclusive package (no meals included, just activities). The two best places to stay on Amelia Island are AIP and the Ritz Carlton.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 07:54 AM
t allen

Hi Steve
If you have young children, dont bother! Not much to do! Try Bradenton or more South; Sarasota. Clearwater would be my choice if you are a youngish family.
T

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 10:04 AM
kitty

We have been to Amelia Island Plantation on three different occassions in the last 8 years with our children and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We have rented 2 and 3 bedroom condos on the beach (actually the gold course separates the condos from the beach but it is beautiful) and have loved it. We like the fact that there are activities at the Plantation such as swimming, walking on an almost deserted beach, riding bikes on endless trails and enjoying a few playgrounds. The city of Fernandina Beach has a small movie theatre, putt-putt golf, shopping, and good restaurants.

It is a great place to go and not horribly crowded.