Reload this Page >

Help with Paso Robles

Search

Help with Paso Robles

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM
mariadelagracia

Help with Paso Robles

We are planning a trip (Fri - Sun) trip to Paso Robles the last w/e in Oct. Our main focus is wine tasting.

We are looking for recommendations on lodging and wineries:

We prefer B&B's or inns, but it's not a necessity. We are not into luxurious or fancy....we are happy with quiet, clean and comfortable. We enjoy having breakfast in the facility instead of having to go out for it. I've checked out a lot of the B&B's online, but since we just use the room to sleep and we'd rather spend the money on good wines, we don't want to pay more than $175 per night (including breakfast).

There are so many wineries in the area...hard to know which are worthwhile. We appreciate fine wines and admit to being "wine snobs". We mostly like cabs, pinots, merlots and chardonnays with an occasional champagne.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old May 18th, 2007, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Start here: http://www.sanluisobispo.winecountry.com/
Great wine tasting; Bonny Doon, Tobin James, Wild Horse. Restaurants: Bistro Laurant.
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM

There is a nice, spraling motel called the Adelaide Inn in Paso Robles. Clean, well apointed and over sized rooms, close to 101 but more quiet than I expected.
http://www.adelaideinn.com/
Not sure of the prices (we paid in the $ 90 - 100 range there in summer), and October weekends may be higher.
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:19 PM

I meant sprawling. FYI, AAA rates the Adelaide 3 diamonds.
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:28 AM

The Adelaide is OK, clean and reasonably quiet for the next-to-freeway location. Also the Paso Robles Inn downtown, historic and good reviews. If you want to stay on the coast, Cambria not more than 30 minutes away and lots of inns there. For wine, don't miss Peachy Canyon and Turley for Zinfandels. There's a little one called Chumeia that's near Tobin James with a very good Cabernet. The only sparkling in the area is down at Latecia(sp?)near Arroyo Grande.
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM

Some of my favorites for wine: Linne Calodo, Silver Horse, Cass, Tablas Creek, Adelaida, Dover Canyon. Windward specializes in Pinot. Have fun!

Old May 21st, 2007, 06:12 PM

I saw this one via a B&B website (I haven't stayed there): http://www.vinestreetinn.com/index.htm
The rooms look nice and more in your price range. Also, an easy walk to downton Paso.
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:11 PM

The sparkling wine cellar mentioned should have said "Laetitia" but I don't think they still make sparkling wines anymore. They are just outside Arroyo Grande, south of Pismo Beach.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:50 AM

Robert Hall is a very nice winery with really great red wines. Justin is also another one of our favorites in Paso Robles. Tobin James, Bianchi, Martin & Weyrich, Tablas Creek, Wild Coyote, Summerwood are all great. You can find some really nice Zins and Merlots in this area. Cheers and enjoy your travels! ***kim***
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:51 PM

We are actually members of the Robert Hall wine club so I second that recommendation! We also like Tablas Creek, Villicana, Martin & Weyrich, Nadeau,Opolo, and Tobin James.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM

Most of the bed and breakfasts in the area are over the budget you wish to stay within. ( JustInn, Summerwood, Martin & Weyrich.)

There is a new Hampton Inn and also the Historic Paso Robles Inn, which might work for you. Of the two, I'd pick the Inn, it's just across the street from the dowtown area and park within walking distance to many cute shops and great restaurants.

Happy to answer specific questions... welcome to the area!
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:17 AM

There is a new inn in downtown Paso the name of which I'll try to get to you. It would be within walking distance to all the restaurants. The best restaurant is Artisan. You need reservations. My favorite wineries: Tablas Creek, Lone Madrone, Turley, Linne Calodo, Denner. I'll add some more when I get back to you. FYI: Robert Parker highly rates Linne Calodo, Denner and Tablas Creek. Summerwood's reserve tasting is good.
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:55 PM
mariadelagracia

Thank you all for your information...I will look into the lodging suggestions and I'm taking note of the wineries that were mentioned.

CJStobbs, I would appreciate the extra info you were going to share.

Old May 29th, 2007, 10:13 AM

The new inn I was thinking of is called Hotel Cheval. I don't have any other information other than it is right down town and looks amazing.
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:51 AM

I checked the prices of that new inn and unfortunately they are high- $300-$400/night. Bummer! I hope you find some affordable lodging. The new Hampton Inn looks nice and would be in your price range.