help with my trip plan pls.

Old Aug 27th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with my trip plan pls.

We, as in 3 couples are in providence RI and have never been to NH. So we want to make a short and sweet driving trip (possibly an overnight stay)during the long weekend. So far from what i have researched i liked sunapee lake, kancamungus highway, flume gorge and loon mountains. Pls suggest a simple itinerary for a two day trip We do not want to spend too much money on fancy hotels but want to stay in a safe decent place. what is there to do in these spots? we are all young and outdorsy and want to see some beautiful locations and all.
thanks you all.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 06:45 AM

Topping for Reb77.

If you don't get a response this time, try reposting your question with the words "New Hampshire" in the subject line.

Few of us have time to read all the posts to this forum, and the folks that are experts on that subject may never see your question.

Keith
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 11:15 AM

reb77 - Providence is about 3 hours from Concord, NH. If you are the outdoorsy folks then I would suggest you research the area of the White Mountains. Quite a few websites out there, BUT lodging could be a factor. This is a popular weekend! From Concord, you have about another hour to get to many of the resort areas..the area designated as the "White Mountains" on Route 93 North covers a lot of territory. It's a beautiful state...
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Be aware that a lot of places would have a two night minimum in place too.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 06:26 PM

This is true about the two night requirement, but I've found that I can often get around this by telling the proprieter that I'm checking it out for a longer visit in the future. Give it a try.

Oh yeah, I would check out Flume Gorge and Franconia Notch State Park. For further info: www.visitnhgov.gov
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 02:13 AM

Stay at the Covered bridge motor lodge in Jackson N.Hampshire.You're in the middle of the White mountains near the Kancamagus highway, the lakes...Paul