Help with Flights

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Flights

Does anyone know of a website that will tell me how long the flight will be from one destination to another???

Thanks
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 08:11 AM

ALL websites will give you that information. Start with travelocity or orbitz; they should give you flight times for every leg of your journey. Bear in mind that weather, variation in head- or tailwinds, etc. will affect travel time. Also, remember that eastbound flights will be slightly quicker than westbound flights due to the prevailing headwinds (and the Jet Stream).
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for replying so quickly. All the airlines I have tried do show this info but they do not take into account time zone changes...and actually I was being a bit lazy in not wanting to look these up. I thought maybe there was one site that might just give me a rough idea. I am looking for somewhere to go on my next vacation but I hate to fly so I need to know how long I will be trapped...lol in that plane...thanks
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 08:33 AM
GoTravel

Kim, just click on "flight details" on any of the flights (all sites have this) and they should give you the flying time. You can add and deduct to find out flying time.

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 10:34 AM

Most sites not only give you takeoff and landing time (from which you can generally pretty easily get total flight time if you know the time zones), but they also actually give total flight time.

But, if this is still too difficult you could always post here with:

* Where are you starting from?
* How many hours in the air are you willing to spend?
* What are you looking for in a vacation (city, country, beach, hiking, shopping, luxurious pampering, history . . .)?
* What is your budget?
* When will you be traveling?

I'm sure some creative fodorites will be able to drum up some options for you to consider.