Notices

Help with computer travel

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 05:11 AM
pete

Help with computer travel

take my USA laptop with me to South Africa. Anyone
know where can I get a three prong adapter so that I can
use and recharge the computer. Thanks in advance.

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 05:40 AM
Sal

Try Brookstone's. If they don't have one in your area, they're probably on the www.

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 05:54 AM
Chass

Suggest you also post this on Europe forum. Yes, I know South Africa isn't in Europe, but the people there are often world travelers and I've seen similar questions there. It seems to me a number of people have had trouble with using computers with converters, though, and I seem to remember a recommendation that you only use converters to recharge or else rent a computer overseas (if that's possible).

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 07:24 AM
pete

I did some searching and found a company in Utah who has all the devices called Walk about Travel Gear.

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 07:52 AM
xxx

Have you tried Best Buy, Comp USA, or Circuit City?? If you don't have one of their stores in your area, maybe you kind them on their websites. Good luck and have a great trip!

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 08:24 AM
John

Pete, apparently SA plugs are fairly unique, so it might be best to wait till you get there - I'd be surprised if you couldn't find an adaptor at the airport or at a large hotel gift shop. To be safe, you might pick up one of the "multi plug" packs available at US luggage shops or airports, which have adaptors for all sorts of plugs; maybe the SA hotels etc. where you'll be will have socket options.