Help with Boston hotel

Search

Help with Boston hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Boston hotel

I need a little help. I have reservations for our family of 3 at the Eliot. But looking at the map -this may be a little far from sites.
Would it be smarter to switch to a more central hotel? I am looking at the Boston Omni, Jury's and the Lenox. What would you suggest. We are 2 adults and 1 teen - and want a nice spacious room - central local and perhaps a view. Need to keep the cost below $410.00 per night. Thanks
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 02:17 PM

This is a great hotel in a fine location. The map may make it look non-central, but it is walkable to many things and very convenient to MBTA green line for others.
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 03:26 PM

You can walk to everything in the Back Bay, and you are about a block from the Green Line.

You can cross Mass Ave (Bostonians abbreviate everything)and get the bus to Harvard Square and MIT.

The only place that will be a bit difficult to get to is the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA, those abbreviations again). No point in going into detail here, but you will have to go inland for a few stops on the T, then change trains and go outbound on another line.

A great location.
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 08:58 PM

Hi!
There Cheapest Boston Hotels
>>> http://bcco.110mb.com/Cheap-Boston-Hotels.html
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 10:12 PM

You will love the Eliot. It's a great location and you can walk everywhere from there. Jury's is nice, but it is on a different edge of town and while it brings you closer to some things, it brings you further from others. Same with many hotels - and many depend on what / where you want to spend more of your time may make more sense (For instance: if you said you were going to spend 90% of your time in the North End, waterfront and Faneuil Hall, I would suggest you move)

But the Eliot is a great location and wonderful accomodations - spacious too. You are right at the end of Newbury St/Mass Ave - walking from that end of Newbury to the Boston Public Garden is not a long walk, you can cut over to many things - zig, and zag all around -

Are you a walker? If so, I don't see the difficulty getting to the MFA - you can walk -
down Mass Ave and past Symphony Hall and down Huntington past all the Northeastern Univ buildings, etc and to the MFA

If you don't want to walk all the way, walk the ten minutes to Symphony Hall and jump on the green line to the MFA - it's about a 5 minute ride on the T from there.

Boston is a great walking city and easy to figure out.
You can even walk from the North End, across and up thru Faneuil Hall, to Boston Common and down Tremont/ Newbury all the way back to the Eliot -
and see some of the Freedom Trail along the way ! We walk everywhere - it's also fairly flat so it makes walking even easier!

Have fun - oh and ask the Eliot for their 'walking/running' map if they are still giving it out, it's a great route.

Old Dec 31st, 2007, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. I always seem to 2nd guess myself - and you have all made me feel better about our choice of the Eliot.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 07:41 AM

I'd also echo that it's a good enough location. Even though it's on the edge of the Back Bay, it's a few blocks from Copley Sq and is also near a T (subway) station.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 08:03 AM

We thought the Eliot was a terrific location. You are a short block away from the train station. You are also just around the corner from Newbury street....filled with restaurants and botiques. There is also a convenience store right across the street, so you can buy cereal, milk, etc. for breakfast if you don't want to eat at the Eliot.

If you walk down the street from the Eliot (toward the train station), on the same side of the street as the hotel,) about half a block down, there is a Thai/Asian restaurant that we just loved. I forget the name, but we all are craving their food.