Help please! We are going to Boston in July/ need help with lodging

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is my situation, there are 4 of us traveling. 2 moms and 2 14 year olds. we are flying in from chicago and arriving at logan on july 6 and staying in boston 2 days then driving toward cape cod and touring plimouth plantation. my question is would it be ok to stay at emabassy suites at logan airport? i do not want a car for the boston part of the trip and embassy suites we could share a room and also have breakfast. the rate i found was 89.00 anight. the hotel said they are close to the blue line with only a 10 minute ride to downtown boston. is this true? we would save oodles of money staying here but is it worth the hassle? i am definitly used to public transportation.we wont have luggage with us so anyway please help me with this decision. thank you Patti
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 12:02 PM

It's been a while since I've been to Logan, but I am almost certain the Blue Line is indeed about 10 mins. from the aiport to downtown. So I'd say the info they gave you is on the mark.

One thing I'm not sure about: How close the hotel is to the station. You may want to double-check that.

Other than that, it sounds like a good plan to me.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Logan Airport is virtually within the city of Boston. From the Airport stop on the subway's Blue Line to the State Street Blue Line stop, on the Freedom trail, is indeed ten minutes -- maybe less, it's just 3 stops. Your only possible issue is getting from the hotel to hte subway station, and I believe there's a hotel shuttle. Sounds like a reasonable deal to me.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 12:17 PM

Shouldn't butt in here 'cause I don't have any info on your specific question. But couldn't help sticking my nose in to say what a wonderful choice I think you're making in deciding to visit Plimoth Plantation. We were there two years ago with our kids who were at the time 17 and 13. Just can't begin to tell you how impressed we all were. It was a wonderful experience!
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all your helpful replys, from what the hotel says we are close to the blue line, so I think I will book the hotel. Downtown Boston is very expensive! I always seem to find a deal but staying in downtown Boston with 4 people has been a elusive deal!! So thanks again and I will report back!
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 01:13 PM

Don't book the hotel if they don't provide or at least explain the way you'll get from the hotel to the subway stop -- you can't walk there from the airport, you must take a shuttle of one sort or another.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 01:46 PM

Close may not mean walkable in that area - check directly with hotel and see if one can walk to Blue line.