Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Help on planning a honeymoon trip - where to go?

Notices

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 10:03 AM
Ana Tikhomiroff

I'm getting married on Nov. 1st in Ft. Lauderdale,FLA, and my honeymoon trip would be from Nov 2nd thru Nov. 6th. Any suggestions on a nice place to go?? It can be anywhere in the States, but it has o be something special! Help!!

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 02:15 PM
Carla

Ana,
Congratulations! My fiance and I are getting married the week before, and we are going to San Francisco. We're very excited about it and we've heard that it is a very romantic honeymoon spot-especially if you visit the Napa Valley or Monterey/Carmel on the side.

Good Luck!
Carla

Old Sep 25th, 1999, 04:20 AM
LVLarry

You might consider Las Vegas. Doesn't matter if you gamble or not. It is a fantastic place to visit. Staying 4 nights at the Bellagio is about as good as it gets.

In any event, congratulations on your upcoming marriage and I wish you all the best.

Old Sep 25th, 1999, 05:45 AM
Brian Kilgore

Whjy stay in the states? Why not fly to Canda? There are lots of direct flights from Florida, and you'll get to go to a foreign country where your money goes further because of the exchange rate. And you'll see where the Candians who come to visit Florida in the winter really live. Ifyou can gt the play organized, fly to Montreal. The French language will make it seem like you are overseas, but it's close. And you'll be fine speaking English. There are romantic hotels, horse-drawn carriages with blankets, cold weather but you don't care because you are on your honeymoon, great restaurants, and lots of stuff to see.
Or, if you don't want to try the French culture, try Toronto.
If this interestsyou, put a note in the Canada forum, and lots of people will make suggestions.
Or, just fly to San Francisco. It's hard to beat.
BAK

Old Sep 25th, 1999, 06:31 AM
Paul Rabe

It would help us give you advice if you could specify what YOU would think is a romantic place -- things that WE like are not necessarily the things that YOU like. Are you looking for sandy beaches? A cabin in the woods? Mountain scenery? A place with quiet, rustic charm? Fast paced nightlife? Help!

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 07:03 AM
Scott K

Walt Disney World!!
If you can find a room, especially at the Grand Floridian-they have Honeymoon Suites with a seperate elevator!!

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 01:58 PM
Meg

If you want to stay in the states, I'd recommend San Fransisco, New Orleans or somewhere around Gatlinburg nestled in a cozy cabin in the mountains. San Fransisco and the surrounding area is incredibly romantic. New Orleans (I'm biased, I live here) is a one of a kind place and the weather will be nice that time of year. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Asheville is just incredible that time of year - but difficult to get a room since everyone's there to enjoy the fall foliage. Congratulations and best wishes.