Reload this Page >

help on Las Vegas shows

Search

help on Las Vegas shows

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:44 AM
jeri

help on Las Vegas shows

Do you need reservations in advance for any of the shows in Las Vegas or is that not necessary? We are looking for something family friendly (10 and 14 yr old), so can't see just any show. Also, is there any discount place there for last minute tickets? We are going in August.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 05:15 AM
doityourself

type Las Vegas shows into the TEXT SEARCH box first.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 09:24 AM
ajj

I took my boys to see Blue Man Group last August. They were 11 and 13. They loved it--especially the 11-year-old. It is much better to buy tickets in advance as that is how they assign the seating. I bought tickets 3 months ahead of time and we were in the first few rows. It is a great show! Kind of wacky, but great! It is at the Luxor--tickets are about $80 each. Very memorable.

Also Cirque du Soleil is a great show.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Mario

Just don't go to any shows at MGM. They will badly mistreat you there.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Wayne

From what I've heard, you can't beat Wayne Newton. One hell of a show.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 10:24 AM
SA

Lance Burton (Monte Carlo) is especially good. I would also recommend The Amazing Jonathan he is off the strip but only $25 last I checked. If Penn & Teller are in town, they are good as well. These are all (of course) magic related. I would recommend reservations for Lance Burton.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 10:30 AM
rgb

We just got back from vegas last night. We had two girls with us 13 and 17. We loved O and were thrilled with Lance Burton. Highly reccd him but get seats up front we were in the second row. He is awesome! I felt very let down by Sigfried and Roy. Expensive and they don't do anything but point as their assistants do all the illusions. Basically the same trick several times.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Brenda

Make reservations in advance if you can. The best shows sell out fast. I just saw Mystere at Treasure Island in June and it was fabulous. The kids would love it too.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 02:29 AM
Frank

MacKing (comedy/magic) @ Harrahs and Ron Lucas (commedy ventriloquist) @ Rio are both family oriented afternoon shows. You can obtain coupons good for free admission with drink purchase (approx. $5.95) @ Harrahs Carnival Court (outside). Look for Rio Rita passing out the coupon in the afternoon. Another option is Rick Thomas (magician) at the Tropicanna. For evening show, American Superstars at the Stratosphere is hard to beat for the price and variety. This show of impersonators ( Christine A, Ricky M, Madonna, Jacko) is backed up by an excellent band.