Reload this Page >

Help needed for a honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:10 AM
John & Chris from England

Hi all ! We are planning our first visit to the USA in June next year on our honeymoon and are using our two weeks Timeshare in Europe to exchange for a week in Hawaii and a week in Vegas. As far as Hawaii is concerned we think we will go for either Maui or Kauai but perhaps you will tell me otherwise !!!. Which one ?? we are both in our forties (Yes... second time round for us both marriage wise), we like beaches but also a bit of sightseeing and touring around etc.
With a timeshare exchange it is a bit pot luck what they offer (RCI) but I would like to apply for at least the Island best matched to our needs.
Just to bore you all further another two questions, do we need car hire in Hawaii and who best to fly with American or United ???
Thank guys for all your help,
John & Chris

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:34 AM
xx

Be glad to help out on your honeymoon. The more the merrier.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:34 AM
ex pat

So, you cheeky monkeys are having another go, are you? Bully for you! We'll pop in for a spot of tea next week and give you the goods on Vegas and Hawaii!

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:40 PM
cw

Kauai is the garden island. There is not much to do other than hike or go to the beach. However, it is quite lovely.

Maui offers a hike to the top of a volcano, a whaler's village, a natural rock formation that looks like John F. Kennedy's profile, nightclubs and restaurants. It is a lovely island as well, but more developed that Kauai.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:57 PM
Linda

I've only been to Maui, but I highly recommend it. The road to Hana is a MUST for you. It is so breathtaking, but it does take most of the day. See Whaler's Village in Lahaina...just down the road from the Kaanapali area. If you play golf, bring your clubs..the courses are outstanding. Haleakala (?) is like visiting another planet, so very interesting. I'm not sure I could spend a week in Vegas. It's okay for a long weekend, but really, stay longer in Hawaii, you'll be glad you did.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 09:13 PM
justmarried

Hi and Congratulations!

You'll definitely get your night life entertainment in Las Vegas! Kauai and Hawaii are on the quiet side. Oahu-Waikiki is much busier! Maui is inbetween.. We really enjoyed our helicopter ride on Kauai this past July.

As far as airlines, I think that would depend on itinerary/price ?

A rental car is always advantageous!

We are in our 40's, too!!!

Our best to you both!