Help! Need Maui restaurant for 50th anniversary dinner

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2005, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some help. We are going to Maui over President's Day weekend for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. My grandpa wants to take the family to a nice restaurant, but we have no clue where. There will be 15 of us ranging in age of 10 and up and we'll be staying at the Ritz in Kapalua. Any suggestions for a nice restaurant the family can go to to celebrate? Thank you!!!
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 01:43 PM

I think that these are the top restaurants in that area: (although I haven't been there yet myself... will be going in 2 weeks!)

# Roy's Kahana Bar & Grill
# The Plantation House Restaurant
# Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar
# Vino
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 01:48 PM

Actually, I just realized that we will be at the Ritz at the same time. We have a pretty big group as well! (company trip) So watch out for the large group of computer geeks! LOL

Aloha!
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 01:51 PM

i thought David Paul's in Lahaina is REALLY GOOD!
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 04:08 AM

Rach, did you decide where to eat?
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 05:42 AM

Gerard's at the Plantation Inn in Lahaina.

Ferraro's at the Four Seasons
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 07:20 AM

Another vote for the Plantation House Restaurant in Kapalua -- great location with wonderful views!
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 05:17 PM

I suggest Nick's Fishmarket in Wailea. It will be adrive, but definetly worth every penny. Since this is a very special day, I would vote for Nick's. We were there in November, had to wait to be seated and watched a waiter precisely place glasses and plates. The food was the very best I have ever eaten. The Kae Lani has a beautiful site. They are not inexpensive - but worth every penny.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 05:59 PM

I would also suggest Nick's Fishmarket in Wailea. Absoutely the best meal we had during our 2 weeks in Hawaii last summer.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 08:45 AM

How expensive is Nick's? Say if we have salad, entree, bottle of wine? Also, we are debating between Nick's and Mama's Fish House for a special dinner. Which would you prefer? We do have a Nick's in Chicago although I have never been there so I am thinking maybe we should skip it but we will be staying at the Kea Lani. Thanks.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 08:55 AM

While the Nick's in Chicago may be lovely, believe it's not related to the Hawaiian group. www.tri-star-restaurants.com
I love the Wailea area, but would not drive down from Kapalua to dine there.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:07 PM
jgg

Cerlaurie: Definitely eat at Nick's. We have stayed at the Kea Lani several times and always eat at Nick's on our last night. It is fairly expensive. When you get there you can look at the menu to see the prices. The concierge also has menus from several other restaurants so you can check the prices at Mama's Fish House.

RachinCali: We love Nick's but also wouldn't recommend the whole group driving so far for dinner. Roy's in Kahana would be a great place for such a large group and varying ages.
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 06:02 PM

I'd recommend David Paul's Lahaina Grill. Outstanding food, atmosphere, and service. You'll need to make a reservation. Another recommendation is Pacific'O in Lahaina. We had dinner there last May (wedding party) and everything was wonderful.
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 06:12 PM

Although Roy's is an excellent restaurant. the location is not much to be desired. It is licated in a row of shops, but what we did not like was the flight of stairs that you needed to climb to enter the restaurant. Also, not much of a view. Alot of a memorable dinner is not only the food (which is incredible at Nick's0 but the surrounding area. Nick's location is beautiful. We stayed in Kaanapali - that is about 10 minutes south of Kapalua. It. also. was our 50th Anniversary. We have wonderful memories of food, location, view, and service. Just an opinion.