Search

Help me with creating a work of art

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me with creating a work of art

Hi everyone,

I'm a dutch art student (ArtEZ, Arnhem) and I am currently working on a project about hotel rooms.

I'm very interested in other people's experiences of hotel rooms. This is why I need your help!

Do you want to collaborate with me and help me with creating a work of art?

I'm looking for people who would like to share their hotel experiences with me by sending me some pictures. I'm especially interested in the bed after you've slept in it.

Photo quality is not very important. You could, for example, take a photo with your smartphone. I would like it if you write a short text to complete the picture in which you tell about your hotel and why you stay there. Not necessary though!

Photograph whatever you want and tell me whatever you want to tell me. I doesn't even have to be true! You decide.

If you want me to mention your name: I'll mention your name. If you want to stay anonymous you'll stay anonymous.

Please help me! If you are interested or have a question send me a private message.
You can also send your question / photo and short text to my email address:
[email protected]

Kind regards,

Eline de Bruijn
Old Oct 18th, 2014, 08:48 PM

Most people do not usually take pictures of a bed after they slept in it unless they want to use it as evidence. I will send you a very banal photo of a room from Brussels.
Old Oct 19th, 2014, 03:11 AM

Great project! I used to photograph airports with a similar motivation, but after 11092001, airport photography is not exactly encouraged.

I will look for your photos.
Old Oct 19th, 2014, 08:41 AM

Go to TripAdvisor and look at all the hotel room photos taken by guests. It would be a gold mine for you.
Old Oct 19th, 2014, 09:33 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think I've ever taken a photo of my hotel room w/ a messy bed. In fact I usually hide the suitcase and everything and take pristine pix just to show the room's amenities, view, etc . .

good luck - I agree that the guest photos on Trip Advisor will be a treasure trove.