Help finding Colorado accomodation, please.

Old Feb 18th, 2007, 02:43 PM
annieladd

Help finding Colorado accomodation, please.

We'll be spending a few nights in Colorado in July with two other couples. Looking for house or cabin that is somewhat secluded and picturesque (maybe on a river?), but still close to good restaurants. We don't want anything rustic. Something within 2 or 3 hours of Denver. I've looked at vrbo and have found a few things, but most are in town, and we'd just like something a bit more private, I think. Also, we'd like 3 bedrooms (at least queens) and 3 full baths.

Any ideas? Thanks, annieladd

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try Colorado springs or Manitou springs.PAul
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 04:58 AM

Crested Butte (though I think it is more like 4 hours from Denver) is a beautiful little mountain town. The town is quite small and the downtown area is relatively compact, with picturesque shops and a lot of nice restaurants, etc. (There arent fast-food restaurants/chains, high rise motels etc. etc.) It feels genuine, secluded and "small town" - but also caters to weekenders from Denver (so is upscale at the same time).
The town is surrounded by mountains, lots of mountain bike trails, etc, which are famous for their wildflowers in the summer.
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 05:48 AM
annieladd

Thanks, we've been all over Colorado over the years, including Crested Butte which we love. But it's just a bit too far for just a few days.

We've always stayed in hotels, but with 3 couples thought it would be fun to have a house. If anyone has a specific house/cabin that they would recommend, let me know!

Thanks, annieladd

Old Feb 20th, 2007, 12:48 PM

Breckenridge has huge amounts of vrbo.com homes that can accomodate many people. We have rented some just outside of town and a couple in town and have been thrilled with all of them. These houses are well appointed and have hottubs and everything you could need. Get one just outside of town and you have the best of all worlds, natural beauty, deluxe accomodations and a charming town a short drive away.