Help - Family Vacation

Search

Help - Family Vacation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help - Family Vacation

Need some help/suggestions planning a family vacation. Two kids, ages 6 and 2. Can you give me any suggestions for some great family resorts or where the best area to visit with kids would be. Have always gotten great suggestions from this site.
Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 01:08 PM

Where do you live? Will you be flying, driving or taking a train/bus? What time of year? Budget or luxury, or somewhere inbetween? Beach, camping, city, historical, theme parks, what?!

This is a big country, and without a few guidelines to go on, I wouldn't know where to begin.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusion! We will be flying. We are planning on traveling mid to late May. Thinking of Arizona but not sure, have never been there. As far as cost I would say more toward inbetween or luxury.
Spent the last few vacations in Sanibel at Casa Ybel and loved it. Looking for somewhere different this year.
thanks.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 10:56 AM

Flying from where? How much time do you have? The kids may be bored in Arizona anywhere but a Scottsdale resort with a nice pool. Have you thought about Hawaii?
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 11:13 AM
GoTravel

Arizona has an overabundance of luxury hotels so an in between would be a Hyatt, Hilton, or Marriott.

We went to a conference one year at the Arizona Biltmore and our overflow was the Ritz-Carlton.

With kids that age, have you thought about Disney?

Old Oct 21st, 2004, 12:08 PM

Go's idea is a pretty good one-- the only potential fly in the ointment is the teeming masses of humanity in the theme parks Memorial Day weekend. However, either of the US Disney parks would offer equal fun.

Given the age of your kids, might I also suggest Legoland in Carlsbad, CA?
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 01:26 PM
GoTravel

rj, beleive it or not, Disney World isn't too crowded over Memorial Day because it is right before everyone starts vacation.

The couple of years I've been, it has been mainly Floridians who go before the parks turn into mayhem during the summer months.

Old Oct 31st, 2004, 03:26 AM

Have you considered San Diego? We were there mid-May with my 3.5 and 2 yr old and the weather was perfect (mid 70s-low 80s). We stayed in La Jolla which is near the beaches but it's an easy drive to Sea World, San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park. We rented a house versus staying in a hotel which is much better when you have two kids (as I'm sure you can appreciate). We're actually planning a trip to Sanibel for April '05 and plan to stay at Pointe Santo.