Reload this Page >

Help Choosing LA Hotel -- Thanks

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:00 AM
jim

Sorry if this message is a repeat -- it didn't seem to show up in the "California" section when I posted the first time.

Anyway, going to LA on short notice, and the hotels I usually stay at are booked. Does anyone have any opinions on:

Le Merigot (JW Marriott) in Santa Monica
Le Meridien in Beverly Hills
Loews in Santa Monica
New Otani in downtown

We are looking for clean, spacious, comfortable, preferably with a view or something pleasant to look at (not a parking lot or wall if possible).

Thanks!

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:39 AM
laura

Haven't been there myself, but heard Loews was supposed to be nice.

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:58 AM
michele

Loewe's is right on the beach and if you like beach activities, it's perfect.

The New Otani is downtown and has a great garden and sushi restaurant. Downtown has a lot of contruction going on and unless you need to be near the Chandler for a show, it's not the most peacful place to stay.

Le Meridien may technically be BH, but it's not really what you would think of as BH. It's a big modern hotel, lots of restaurants nearby, close to the Beverly Center ( a mall) and a number of other shopping spots. It overlooks an auto repair store.I think Loews would be your best bet.

M.

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:34 AM
nancy

I think it would be better to stay in Santa Monica vs downtown, unless you have a reason to be there.

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Christine Jones

we will be leaving from Chicago Ill.
we would like to be their for two days
we will be on the Am Track Train we will just need a nice place to sleep for
two nights Thanks Chris D. Jones

Old May 16th, 2002, 10:19 PM
joesorce

Chris if you are coming in on the train you will probably want to stay in downtown L.A. Several hotel choices nearby and if it is a weekend, you will probably get a great price on a deluxe hotel by trying www.hotwire.com

Old May 16th, 2002, 10:24 PM
Mina

Le Merigot is in a good location...I'm sure some rooms have views. I didn't stay there but treated a friend to the Spa. I wasn't overly impressed with the hotel (the Spa receptionist was downright dumb).

If this isn't for business, and you're flexible on where to stay, Hermosa beach is less touristy than Santa Monica. The Inn at Hermosa (Beach)is right on the beach...I see people kicking back watching the bikini-clad rollerbladers all the time (if you want to call that a "view"). Not a fancy place, but pricey because of the location. I think it may even be part timeshare.

Definitely stay away from Downtown...most Los Angeleans do.