Helicopter tour of Maui?????

Mar 1st, 1998, 10:02 PM
Joel

Helicopter tour of Maui?????

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Maui, we were thinking about a helicopter tour. Does anybody recommend one???? If so which company is the best??? What should we make sure to include???

Mar 2nd, 1998, 05:44 AM
Bart

I don't think the heli trip on Maui is a good value. The best helicopter tour is on Kauai and The BI. You can drive to all the good sites on Maui and the sunrise at Haleakala is worth the drive. Do it the 1st morning that you arrive - Your body thinks it still on the mainland.

Mar 2nd, 1998, 06:49 AM
Philipp

I don't think a heli tour on Maui is a good idea. You should better take the ferry boat to the Big Island and make your flight there. There is much more to see.

Mar 2nd, 1998, 01:40 PM
sgorces

I haven't been but I'm booked for April. AlexAir came highly recommended. They apparently have a great helicopter with theater riser style seats that set you up above the pilot. If you're booked to Maui like me, helicoptering on or around Maui is your only option. Sure it might be better elsewhere, but I can't imagine that it wouldn't be fascinating anyway! You might consider the West Maui/Molokai trip if you are concerned about quality. I hear Molokai is quite a sight.

Mar 3rd, 1998, 04:37 PM
shauna

My husband and I did the helicopter tour five years ago while on our honeymoon. We went on Blue Hawaiian - supposedly they have the best pilots, but most importantly (depending on how you look at it) they have air conditioning! We did the Maui/Molokai one. I think it was 65 minutes and something like $100 each. Molokai was very pretty, but I must warn you, if you are the slightest bit prone to motion sickness (as I am) DON'T GO! Or maybe on a shorter tour - say 20-30 mins. Also, call and make an appointment a few days before you want to go. We had to wait 2 days before they had a spot open for us. As long as you don't get motion sick, you'll have a great time and wonderful memories!

Mar 4th, 1998, 04:10 AM
GREG & DONNA

We are slated for MAUI AND KAUAI in June. Has ANYONE out there done the KAUAI Helicopter rides. How much and haw far in advance do you make reservations?

Mar 4th, 1998, 04:18 AM
Bart

Kauai is by far the best island for the helicopter tour. We've done all 3 (Big Island Maui & Kauai) and Kauai is far better. Do the waimea canyon Napali coast flight. Th eZodiac tour of the Napali coast is a great day trip. If the weather is good.
We didn't schedule in advance for the heli trip but there are lots of operators located at the Lihue airport. They all fly the same routes. I think we used Jack Harters.Aloha.

Mar 14th, 1998, 06:43 PM
BURT

MAUI WHAT IS THE BEST HOTEL& WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT TO SEE?

Mar 14th, 1998, 06:46 PM
TOM

Cruising Hawai i -How is the trip?

Mar 29th, 1998, 09:40 AM
Jill

Can you say "DRAMAMINE?!?!?)

Mar 29th, 1998, 09:48 AM
Donna

My sister and I took a helicopter tour - one hour - over Maui last year. Cost about $100 and was well worth it. We flew on the "Black Beauties" and found the advertisement in the numerous "Maui This Week" type of booklets you find on your way out of the airport and in front of the drugstores, etc. We loved it. We sat right in front with the pilot and had no trouble with air sickness. Can't compare it to Kauai, but I'm sure both are awesome. Where on the continental US will you see these sights, within an hour's ride? Have a great ride.